• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Hotmail Problems

Started by rachel, January 28, 2004, 04:30 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel

Hi there. I just have one simple question. Is it possible to see or get info from hotmail about where you log onto hotmail ie. I think, or, I know that somebody has the secret answer to my question and is now changing my password and looking at my emails. Change the question and answer then would be the most obvious thing to do, but I would like to know who this is or at least if this person is in the same country as me. Is it possible to find out? Thanks guys.

pat

Welcome to poasers.
If you think someone is getting into your account, perhaps an email to the hotmail administrators would be in order. I don?t use hotmail, but perhaps someone else here may have some better information for you.
You can check these Security Tips from MS though.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

saoirse

Hi Rachel.

Microsoft would like you to inform them if you suspect unauthorized use of your .NET passport services - including Hotmail.  

Click here to contact the security team.

Meantime, I suggest changing both your password and secret question.  Include numbers in both passwords - not just strings of letters.  Make this impossible for others to guess and change it frequently.  Offenders are usually people you know well.

saoirse