• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The College Computer

Started by Carol, July 12, 2002, 14:25 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

shadyatbest

Good choice, but trust me, as a recent college grad speaking, your child will have plenty of time for movies, TV and games on his computer, not to mention time spent figuring out how to try to use it to make profit/save money.  Way more time will be spent in front of that and the bar, then in front of books!!!!  

Joanie

Hi Shadyatbest,

Welcome to the poasters forum and thanks for contributing your comments.

Hope you'll  be back soon to find out how the College computer worked out.

Joanie

Carol

shadyatbest,

Welcome to Poasters, and thanks for the comments, but, I'm sure he will be spending most of his time with books, or on the water, and will never be in front of the bar.

Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Eric M.

Well, you don't know him, most of his time between books will be spent either on the water, or listening to music. Trust me, I already tried to load a game on it to see what it could do, he wouldn't let me :P

After all, I'm his brother.

Quote from: shadyatbest on August 12, 2002, 22:13 hrsGood choice, but trust me, as a recent college grad speaking, your child will have plenty of time for movies, TV and games on his computer, not to mention time spent figuring out how to try to use it to make profit/save money.  Way more time will be spent in front of that and the bar, then in front of books!!!!  
Asus Crosshair
AMD FX-62
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVGA 8800 GTX
X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro
150GB Raptor X, 2x 250 GB WD, 2x 500 GB WD HDDs
Vista Ultimate 64bit

Karen

Hi Carol,

I've got a funny, true college story for you.

In the city where my sister went to college and the city where I went to college, there was a bar just off campus named "The Library".  Mind you, these are two different state universities in two different states (one in the mid-west and one in the deep south).  

Many parents wondered how their college student could do so poorly in school when they were spending all their time at "The Library".

I know the girl in the dorm suite next to me visted the library quite often and when her folks would call, the roommate's response was always "Cecilia is at the library".  I'm sure Cecilia's parents were quite proud of her academic commitment.

Cecilia was a stunningly beautiful girl and came from a very wealthy family, but she was spoiled rotten (she received a Jag upon her high school graduation).  More than once I had to go pick up Cecilia from "The Library" and drive her back to campus in the Jag because she was too intoxicated to do so.  Hey, at least I got to drive a Jag..lol!

The week during finals at around 5:00 am,  my roommate and I heard quite a commotion at Cecilia's room next door.  Her mother was at the door with the family housekeeper in tow.  Seems her mother received a call from one of the professors advising that Cecilia was flunking and revealing the truth behind "The Library".  There was much crying and shouting as the family housekeeper packed Cecilia's belongings and Cecilia's mother drug her out the door.  

That's the last I ever saw of Cecilia.  I did feel a bit sorry for her.  Even though Cecilia was spoiled rotten, she was actually a very nice person.  

I always thought it was clever for a campus area bar to be named "The Library".  There's actually one here in Tampa near USF as well.  That makes three that I know of in three different states.  I guess tradition never dies!

Karen   :)

I'm at that awkward stage...somewhere between the young and the restless, and the old and the senseless.   ;)

Carol

Great story Karen.  Christopher will be going to college in St. Petersburg.  Doubt there's a "library" bar near by, mostly only water.
We're off to college this morning for registration and moving in.  
Sure will be quiet arount here now.
Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Eric M.

* Jedi~ sits back an enjoys the quiet

Hehe, lucky me had to go up to St. Petersburg and fix a slight glitch in the Audigy software (reinstalled it.) As my payment I get to use his computer at the lan party of my choice :)

Now we'll see how this thing really preforms ;) :)
Asus Crosshair
AMD FX-62
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVGA 8800 GTX
X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro
150GB Raptor X, 2x 250 GB WD, 2x 500 GB WD HDDs
Vista Ultimate 64bit