• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

EOSTER (rhymes with "Poaster")

Started by Ace, April 16, 2006, 07:56 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

So as not to Passover the holiday entirely, as resident jester I should like to wish all a rebirth in the greening of spring and rebirth of mirth in Poasters, a magical and mystical chatroom.

You know, Christmas has gotten pretty twisted as we noted back when with the intermingling of Santa and Jesus and wise guys and reindeer and snowmen and abominable dentists and the like, where I'm sure many have a fuzzy notion of the infant being born to Saint Nicholas and Mary in a stable at the north pole inhabited by tiny reindeer and one sad Charlie Brown tree.

So there's probably a reasonable chance little tykes have an image of this weekend involving a large bunny being crucified or a man being entombed in an colored egg which hatches in 3 days.. actually, we experienced a kind of mixed message of an egg being smeared our our doorposts to keep out evil...  I don't know who threw it, but I've got ammo of my own, you know.  I  guess Eoster the pagan whatever of spring got mad at the bird of spring and turned the bird into a rabbit, which explains the whole bunny-egg-laying theory.  Probably cooked the rabbit for Easter dinner and said "Huh.  Tastes like chicken."  

Baby chicks are often affiliated with the holiday, too, although hopefully you didn't boil an egg with one inside.  You could hide baby chicks in the yard, instead of eggs... Probably be easier to find, since they have sound effects.  Probably not a good thing if you did miss any, though...  

The whole chocolate craze is just an excuse, if you ask me.  I think those people will put candy into a holiday just because they're addicts.  

Anyway, blessings and good tidings and many found eggs to all. Don't count them until they're
well, until you're done, I guess.  If don't feel challenged by the normal hunt, hide alligator eggs.  See if it will find them, and you.  And may you be free of locusts and plagues and your first born is doing ok and your bread is unleavened.  Usually my bread is leavened out of the bread box, which makes it uneatened after a time.

Ace; most people are on an egg dye-it.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Thanks, J.  Wherever two are gathered, that's a crowd here.

Ace; the other one
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Happy Dyngus Day too.  It is a day to celebrate Spring and switch the legs of girls and watch your dyngus.

Ace; polka polka polka Acapulco you
Ring bells for service.

pat

Two?s a Crowd

Sounds like a new reality show.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Whever Three Or More Are Gathered then I usually have to pick up the bill.

We should get his dyngus in here.  

Ace; we're up to a menagerie et trois
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

pat

I guess I don?t know that language. I tried to look it up but all I got was; Your clock is had past stopped petting the dog.

I guess that can?t be right, unless you?re talking about your duck.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

This is tremendous.  Now we have a quorum.  That's good for a computer chatroom, since the root word of quorum is ROM, which stands for random access memory.

It doesn't matter if you're a Whole Member, or a Half member, since even if you're half you're a Half Whole!

Heh.  I do crack myself up, like a bad egg left out overnight.

Ace; say the magic woid.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

The magic word is "smelly" -  "like a bad egg left out overnight." (Now what should that punctuation actually be?)

Geez, I hope it wasn't saved for breakfast.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Put lots of paprika on it if it was.

Here's my nomination for "Stupidest Easter Story/Homily of Easter":

My brother in law stops by with his family and said the priest told a story at mass:

"Rabbits, before the time of the crucifixion, were carnivorous... But it is said that there was a rabbit in the Garden of Gethsamene when Jesus was resurrected, and ever since that time rabbits have not eaten meat, and so that is where the Easter Bunny story comes from."

My reaction was "whatta loada."

Only carnivorous rabbit I've seen was a Monty Python one, and I thought "Geez, could we reach much further...?"  Especially since the Eoster legend already was in place, as aforementioned.  

Ace; sometimes I think sermons should stick to the script...
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Whoa, now hold on a minute for a slight diversion.

Ace hits 5000 Poasts!!!!

OK enough of that, back to the point of the poast....which was, uh, geez....

Bill

pat

Not to change the subject or anything, but.

I saw this movie once when I was a little kid and it had GIANT rabbits and they were attacking people and eating them, I can?t remember the name of it, maybe it was Attack of the Giant Rabbits. Or something like that.

Anyway, that just made me remember that, probably was better off forgotten.

Ace

Even if they attacked, I assume it wasn't on Easter.  

As far as hitting 5,000 poasts, I think they hit me back...  I wish I could remember them.  Then I wouldn't have to repeat them.

Ok; question was "What's it all about?"  Meaning, this one.  I guess since it's on rabbits, and carnivores, and eggs, it's a food poast.

They all pretty much wind up there, anyway.  

Ace; rabbit=rarebit
Ring bells for service.