• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

THIN AND ASHEN wEDNESDAY

Started by Ace, December 27, 2005, 06:20 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

IT IS now ASH WEDNESDAY A TIME FOR ATONEMENT PENITENCE SACRIFICE AND FASTING
Kinda like new year's resolutions.  Probably last up till HAD ENOUGH JEUDI.
And, no, I did not mispell "Jedi." dangit

Hey; here's an attempt at a French joke:

My impression of Goober Pyle from Andy of Mayberry:
"Jeudi!Jeudi!Jeudi!"

heh.

I think it's Absolut, with the "e" invisible.  I don't know; I've never tried it.  I only touch vodka with a bloody mary, and I go for the ok quality in a glass bottle (a Six bottle) but not high priced, since I don't think I could tell if it was.  I can't do the Osco brand plastic bottle type stuff, though.  It eats through the plastic after awhile...  I think the last I got is "Svedka" or something like that, from Sweden.  It was on special.

SO: for this Lent I am giving up:

1. Celibacy
2. Celery
3. Playing Quake IV
4. Riding my bike
5. Reading on the way to the bathroom
6. Gin
7. Unless it's in a Long Island Iced Tea; then I couldn't confirm it, anyway
8. Thai food
9. The Olympics
10. Getting involved in Civil Wars
10. White Zinfandel, but not merlot.

That should set me up for a spiritual reawakening and promote healthy moderation in all things.  You'd think.  It's ironic that I'm in the desert in the Neverwinter add-on, just when I'm entering a symbolic spiritual desert trek of 40 days and whatever number nights.  If the weather warms up and I start running, I also hope to give up groin pulls because those are getting pretty darn tiresome.

I'll have to check out Wolfschmidt.  I think that's German for "A Wolf, named Smith."  I could just as easily give up German, as much as I remember of it.

Anyway, I'm off on my Lenten Quest.  That one year it ended with me leaving, from Palm Sunday into Easter.  I guess I could try that, again.  I guess I could give up trying to be funny...
TOO LATE!  HAH!

Ace; it's funny that a lot of people who take off into the desert for spiritual rebirth don't really want a jester to accompany them.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Typically, I don't have to worry about vodka eating through plastic containers....

I think it would also be worthwhile to give up trips to the ER, shoveling snow, hangovers and gout.  

And ja, Lent started today.
http://www.nwicatholic.com/

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Be careful if you're around the parking lot or streets outside; people could be fasting and driving like maniacs.

I fasted to work; got here pretty quick.

I'd probably do better with a plastic liver, at this point.  And ABS instead of copper plumbing.

Ace; I haven't eaten anything since breakfast.  And no snow to shovel; cool.
Ring bells for service.

pat

I?d be ok with giving up celibacy, but not celery, no way.
Cheetos  can go, especially those crazy Cheetos games.

Who needs that anyway?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I didn't know there was a Cheeto game.  The only game I've found with Cheetos and Doritos is the "how much orange stain can I get on my fingers" game.

I don't need it.  I really don't care for celery, personally.  I used to eat it as a kid, with salt on it, and one day it struck me like Gin and that was that.  Never again.  You get sick on it, and that's the end of it for you.  I'm glad I never got sick on pretzels, or beer.  Well, I've gotten sick on beer.  I worked through it, though.

There were a lot of people with smudged foreheads yesterday.  I tell ya what's embarrassing; somebody who still has one, today.  Probably should mention personal hygiene to them.

I'm still trying to figure out where Pgh is.  I'm thinking the "p" is silent.

Ace: "It's" = "It is"  "Its" = possessive, of it

Ring bells for service.

pat

It is truly amazing the many wonderful and varied facts you learn right here in the good old funny bone.

Cheetos games. The ability to use the simple word "it" in so many fascinating ways and grammatically correct, I might add.

One has to wonder; what could be next?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

You know, not to go off on a food poast or anything, but I just do take out now at the local Chinese place.  Or do my own stir frys.  I'd just as soon dine in.  I never had a reaction to msg, though.  I had a reaction to actually biting into one of those shrivelled black peppers they use, once.  Once was enough.

Talk about a fingered mess, I once was in front of a guy at a Colts game who had BBQ ribs in the stands.  That's even dumber than trying to do nachos in close quarters.  I don't remember which quarter it was in.

Pretzels at least don't rub off on your hands.  I'm glad I don't do any substances that go into my brain and wind up in my heart.  I'd just as soon they pick one organ, and stick with it.

Ace; there isn't meat in Cheetos, usually, so I guess they're ok on Fridays.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Yeah, just stick with the pancakes.

That got me thinking though. How about a new snack? Puffed meat. You could call them Meatos. Offer them up in several tantalizing flavors.

That?s sure to be a big hit.
Or not.

Ace

Follow it up with a pork cola, and a stick of beef gum.  Haagen Daz "ChickPeaNut Surprise" icecream... chicken and peanut.

Ace; or just fry the potatoes in beef fat, like MacDonalds.

Ring bells for service.