• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Sam and Max Season One

Started by pat, March 30, 2008, 08:56 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

So lets go back to 1993, the Sam and Max Hit the Road game comes out with the wacky Max and Sam characters. I liked that game and was sorry Lucas Arts decided to put all their energy into the Stars Wars series of games because back then they had some other crazy titles out as well. I remember Day of the Tentacle, those Monkey Island games and Full Throttle and of course the Indiana Jones games. There were some others but I just can't remember the names, but I probably have them around here somewhere. 

There was supposed to be a new Sam and Max a few years back but Lucasarts canceled that and I quit looking for it. So when I was browsing newegg the other day I was surprised to see it out, not sure how long it's been out, but I grabbed a copy.  Yeah, I've been spending way too much time playing this. It is so true to the original the graphics are great, same off beat wacky dialog. There are actually 6 different games or chapters on the CD. I see there is another in the works and individual chapters can be bought but I'll wait for the complete set. Telltale Games

Those looking for death, destruction and mass mayhem may not like this type of game it's basically just a point and click and good clean fun. 
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

You know, I'm still stuck on the 30 year old Space Invaders game. The online version is free, and I can't tell a difference between it and the original. The game play and sound effects are exactly as I remember.

If I could just find an "El Dorado" pinball machine for my basement.

Scuzzy; I'm not going to grape anything.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

pat

Dang typos, maybe I need a new keyboard. I think this one has some bad keys.

Space invaders, huh. I'll have to go try that out.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Chandler

I have to agree with pat on this one - there have been so many disappointing adventure games recently.  The last truly EXCELLENT adventure game was Grim Fandango, but even that was 10 years ago.  Secret Files: Tunguska is pretty good, but some of the translation and voice acting is a bit off.  Lucasarts were experts at producing near-perfect adventure games, and Grim Fandango remains one of my all-time favourites.  It's a shame that Lucasarts decided to focus on Star Wars rather than the games it is good at.  At least these guys (the developers of the new Sam & Max games) still know how to produce a decent adventure game, and unlike in many games, the jokes are actually funny.  As I understand it, the people working on these games left Lucasarts after being screwed over with the Sam & Max sequel.