• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Printer Properties Error

Started by epihammer, January 16, 2007, 22:13 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

epihammer

I just picked up a Dell Inspiron laptop and have the following problem:

When I try to open the properties for my printer (HP 2010) it gives me the error  "Xerces Panic Error" and when I close out the error it closes out all the open windows. I can print I just can't change any of the printer settings. Any direction on how to fix this would be great.

Thanks,

Epihammer

Buffalo2102

Googling this error brings up numerous results from lots of other people with the same issue, although the error seems not to be exclusive to the HP printer properties.  However, in all cases, the error does seem to be related to certain registry keys being corrupted or changed.

From what I have read, the easiest way to fix this problem is to download the trial version of registry repair 2005 and run it.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

epihammer

I have tried all suggestions and have not been successful. However, i did notice that when i go to microsoft and update a driver specific for my printer it tells me it did it successfully but when I run another update check it still says I need the driver I just supposedly updated. My guess is that the problem lies within and Hkey but I could use a little direction.

Thanks

Bill

Well I didn't say that, but I will say my experience with HP is that they're VERY picky about the order you do things.  First off, you need to delete the existing printer drivers and if there is an associated .ini file, delete that too.

Go to the HP site and download the .ini file for your specific model. The driver should be included in the ini. file.
Then close everything else and follow the HP directions.  I recall that the driver must be loaded first with the printer cable completely disconnected from the computer.  Then boot the system, then connect the cable and then turn on the printer.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

epihammer

I downloaded the registry program mentioned above (www.iolo.com) and it doesn't make you buy it upfront to fix the reg. I just installed it and ran it, it cleaned everything up and all is well!!!!!!!!! I appreciate all the efforts and suggestions from everyone.

Thanks

Buffalo2102

Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.