• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Holy Geez..Eddie Bauer

Started by Bill, October 05, 2005, 22:36 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

That was pretty close for an Ianian.  But not quite harsh or crude enough.  Missing from your narrative were the injection of many iterations of certain four letter words that could be substituted for "scum" and the like.  But close enough.

Kinda amazin' the differences in spoken and written Joisey talk.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

And, just so our viewers (yes, both of you) don't have the wrong impression, as an Ianian, Ian is not the place that is seeking the total destruction of Israel.  

Ok, then.  That leaves just two questions:

1. Howza bout that call back and registration thingy on that devious dealership snafu?

2. How did the universe begin, and are there other civilizations in it?

I'm going to let Bill take the first one.  I can understand the attraction of using his full NJ vocabulary, in light of the predicament, but I hope he'll think twice, and remember just how long it takes him to get back in here once he gets locked out...

I'll handle the second; actually, it's a double question.  Those work well for reporters who are trying for maximum air time, or people in meetings who figure there's no way they're ever going to get a chance to say anything again once their scatterbrained and domineering coworkers kick in.

First off, asking if there are "other civilizations in the universe" assumes there's already one known one.  You can call us civilized if you want to, but the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned.

Ok; the second.  Origin of the universe thing.  You know, for Man to ponder the origin of the universe is like a fish in an aquarium pondering the history of glass making...  

Ace; plus the housing construction industry.

Ring bells for service.

Ace

I don't know, but Query is here someplace.  Maybe he could answer it, since it's sorta technical.

Ace; if you put a transponder in my power vest, which made it fit snugger, it would be a Trans-Vest, tight.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

The easy one first.  Its Sunday and it's leaf season.  

The last "talk" with the dealer was Friday.  I was told earlier that out of state registration is all done online direct with the respective DMVs.  I find that hard to believe for LA.  Assuming it is true,  after the fees and taxes are paid, the plates are mailed to the Dealer,  then to me or I can pick them up and send them to NOLA.  Why they cannot go direct is a puzzle.   But I'd guess they don't work on the weekend so we'll see what happens.  I'd guess ten days, if we're lucky.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit