• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

MS Antispyware Targetted Already

Started by Buffalo2102, February 12, 2005, 05:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo2102

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4256379.stm

Sheesh!  The program is still only in Beta but is attacked already.  I am afraid that this is the norm for most of MS' products due to the apparent widespread hostility toward the company and the fact that their products are almost universal.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Whizbang

That reminds me of a popup that I got on my screen today that asked me if I wanted to register my copy of MS Office.  I have had that installed for some time with even a couple of reinstalls and never received a popup asking me if I wanted to register it.  Given the bent of Microsoft to connect everything to a hardware detection server, I wish I did not have to register anything.  Punishing the innocent is no way to protect against the guilty.  The only way that MS is going to remove the stigma of arrogance toward the public is to merge with another giant and pretend that the other company was the one making the purchase.  Then they could re-name the merger and make everyone think that Microsoft had been consumed.  That is what Kmart did with Sears.  Most people think that Sears bought out Kmart--->not so.  Kmart bought out Sears, but Kmart has so polluted its name with shoddy merchandising and purchasing logistics that the new super-stores will be called Sears Grand with no mention of the Kmart affiliation.  Whether entirely earned or not, the Sears reputation is light-years ahead of the fallen but once mighty Kresge line.  Recovering reputation is much more difficult than simply moving on in the business world.