• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Unable to reformat!

Started by Callme, March 12, 2008, 19:21 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Callme

Hi,

can anyone help me with this? I posted a problem earlier, and decided to try reformating my pc. Problem is that I cant repair coz I do not know the password. so I want to delete the old operating system n install a new one. I was unable to do that as I got a msg telling me that the system contains setup files that are required to complete the installation. Anyone can help me with this? Thanks in advance.
Callme

Mark H

You can't format a drive if Windows is running on it. I boot up with a floppy and format the drive when I want to wipe it clean.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Bill

The other option is to place your OS disk in the CD drive, change the BIOS so that the CD drive boots first and reboot the machine.  The OS disk should provide an option to format the HD before doing a clean install.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

dksinghh

Boot you system through bootalble CD and formate you c drive after that run setup file of New OS