• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

XP pro startup problems

Started by dsaranti, November 16, 2003, 02:49 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

dsaranti

Hello, my Xp was starting up  just fine all the time. All of a sudden it boots fine again in 33 seconds then idles and in another 2 more minutes it places in the system tray the 1) norton antivirus icon and 2) the two TVs of my automatic DSL always on connection. Because of the delay in 2) I can't open my e-mails or use the net for an effective bootup time of 2 and a half minutes. I have used bootvis repeatedly. What is the name of the exe. or service that Intel Pro 100 desktop adapter uses to load the 2 TVs icon??
Anyone with some idea please help me how to solve this startup delay problem.
Thank you very much

Dimitri.

trav

Your computer could just be taking a while to open some startup progs. I know mine does...it loads three things, waits for a second or two, then loads the rest :) The two "tv's" are actually computer monitors ;) and, If you go into My Networking Places, there should be some netowrk conection thingies...right click, properties, and then there should be a button that says something like "show in system tray when connected", uncheck that, Im assuming you want to get rid of those moitors?
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

dsaranti

Thanks for your help. Fine, I can get rid of the monitors, my problem is that I used to get the DSL working in 33 seconds and now it takes almost 3 minutes!
Thanks again
Dimitri