• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

My New Computer

Started by technique, January 20, 2004, 10:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

technique

Well Here is my desk space first you will notice it's unusual and unpleasant cleaniness you can blame that on the house cleaner >:(

Next we have a close up of my monitor a beautiful BenQ FP767 17" LCD Monitor

You may have noticed that my monitor has in-built speakers which were made completly redundent by these babies Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers(sub's under the

desk)

Here is my Keyboard And Mouse The Logitech MX700 DUO Awesome Product except i have to keep recharging the **** mouse every 5mins ;)

OK now moving along here is my box Thermaltake XaserIII LanFire She's a BEAST

Lets Get a closeup of that sweet neon!;)

And now with the door open!!;D

Here's the side window

Ok now lets venture into the forbidden temple of messy cables and leet hardware;)
(ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe i875P 1394/GBL SATA M/B)  

Here are my only mods :(
A blue led case fan

And some ELWire

Onto The CPU a Intel P4 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB

Here are my HDDs one is a Seagate 120GB 7200RPM 8MB CACHE the other is a Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM

350W PSU Bringing me my power for leet computering ;)

And my graphics card the ASUS V9520VS Video Suite GF FX 5200 with TV-in/out bringing me power for my leet gamering(17 pictures and this was the best) ;D

Here are my roms a LGDVD CD Writer COMBO and a LG CDROM look at them hiding between their two little brackets...*****'s!!

This is my Computers *** oooh sorry i meant Rear-End (Word edited out by Mark H)

Here's a closeup of the crack

And another

This is buddah he brings me good luck when im leet gaming

Lets all thank my OLD computer for being my trusty tripod ;)

SPECS (if you only liked looking at the pretty pictures
Motherboard: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe i875P 1394/GBL SATA M/B
CPU: Intel S478 Pentium 4 3.0GHZ 800MHZ FSB CPU
GPU: ASUS V9520VS Video Suite GF FX 5200 with TV-in/out
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 120GB 7200RPM SATA 8MB Cache / Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM
ROMS: LG DVD+CDRW Combo Drive 52X52X24X16 / 52X LG CDROM
CASE: Thermalake VM2000A Xaser III, Lanfire case With X windows
PSU: Generic Power Supply 350W

Neon

Welcome to Poasters, technique. That's a great looking system.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

technique

Ace

I'm sorry.  I was staring at your desktop.

Well, at the anime girl, on your desktop...

Did you say something..?

Ace; booyah.
Ring bells for service.

technique

haha if you want the wallpaper just drop me a line

Ace

No, that's ok.  Thanks anyway.  I don't get much work done as it is.

Ace; whoo hoo.  Nice looking machine, though.  I'm thinking of slapping an STP sticker on mine.
Ring bells for service.

trav

CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

scuzzy

Yep, great looking machine. Very nice.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

trav

I see you looked at my reveiw too :D like it?
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

technique

she's a beauty looks abit like my old computer dust wise tho get a can of compressed air or just blow of everything for crying out loud lol

trav

Hearst

Very nice. How do like that Xaser?

Hoot

The silver ones are nice :) nice pics - I especially like the silver ones - not too crazy about the Blue ones though. Nice wireless setup you have there too.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Guy's and gals this poaster is a friend of mine. His father was the moderator in another forum that recently went to a better place. He is Jr. :) and has alot of PC knowldge and likes to discuss them. He'll have fun here and im sure you poasters will welcome him.

trav

What is in your PC hardware-wise?

Neon

Travis, he listed the specs after the pictures.

Or did you want some specific additional info?
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Hoot

All that I would do is tidy up the wiring and run the luminex wire either around the window and or top case rail and bottom half on window and space the HDD's EG: move the top HDD up a slot for better air.

technique

yeh im going to clean up in there then ill move the hdd cos it was a ***** to get in and i have the wire around the window but it looked shit any suggestions?

Hoot

Get some nice zip ties and tie back the IDE wires. Try to hide the bulk of them above or close to the PSU top, and push the unused (tied off) the an empty spot but the drive cage (or in a drive cage). Sometimes the hard part about luminex wire is trying to figure out how to get it to look good with lights off (cause that's the only time it matters). I have used a hot glue gun and or super glue (non removeable) to run it around the windows. Usually with lights off you can mess with the stuff and just figure out how it should go by the length. I have usually run it around the window myself but you might have to get more as I see the pattern will be somewhat difficult to get around, but is very doable with a hot glue gun - you might have to get more to get it to go around at full length. Or you could run it around the bottom of the case in a rectangle (I have done that too),  You can also wind it around IDE cables and ties it off with clear zip ties. Just look at it for a while and take your time and be creative. Main thing is to tie back those loose IDE-PSU strands so that they are barely visable when looking though the window. Good luck and enjoy it!

Neon

Great advice, Hoot. I second the use of zip ties - but a bunch in bulk, you can get them in colors if you want, or just get clear ones.

I haven't seen luminex wire before. It's neat looking stuff. Where can you get it, someplace like FrozenCPU? Does it come in a loop or is it a single strand? Is it powered, plugs into a standard Molex connector, or is it unpowered (i.e., chemiluminescent)?

Also, I see we have another new Poaster in this thread, so allow me to belatedly welcome Hearst into the fold. We hope you like Poasters.

trav

Quote from: Neon on January 27, 2004, 16:03 hrs
Travis, he listed the specs after the pictures.

Ohyeah, sorry about that :-[ didnt notice that heh heh...

sentofuno

nice piece of kit!

if i can make a suggestion, you look like you're using one of those 'tubed' IDE cables for the optical drive? (not sure what you call 'em) but not for the FDD and can't quite see the HDD's. you can get both cables all tube-y and with the luminex wire all in place, spiralling down.

it'll prolly set you back ?15-20 for each cable, but that is a sweet looking machine you have there, and i think it's a pity to have grey ribbon cables spoil your work. plus cable ties (strongly recommend) can be found in UV-reactive :D

technique

well everything was ziptied but i cut them :P i needed to move some shit around today i took out the floppy drive (wasnt working) so no more grey ribbon cable i just have a few black ribon cables which i stuffed into the floppy drivebay i thyink i mihgt wrap the el wire around the bottom could look good it is just enought to get around the window but it just looks really bad for somereason i stuffed all the power cableup behind the cdroms in alittle gap there so u can only see the power cable going to the motherboard which is zip tied :P so its all looking alright with the EL wire i just wrapped it around everyrthing lol so it looks alittle crazy but creative hehe

trav

What operating system are you using?

Mark H

Nice looking machine you have there. :) I agree with Hoot about putting an empty space between the hard drives for better air flow and cooling.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

technique

well in those photos i was using xp pro now im using longhorn alpha

trav

Hoot

Quote from: Neon on January 28, 2004, 10:20 hrs
I haven't seen luminex wire before. It's neat looking stuff. Where can you get it, someplace like FrozenCPU? Does it come in a loop or is it a single strand? Is it powered, plugs into a standard Molex connector, or is it unpowered (i.e., chemiluminescent)?

Sorry there Neon. been away for a while and busy :) best place for PC mods I have found are here at these links

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/custom/thunderbird333.asp?v=d

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php

Luminex wire here

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=72_98&osCsid=4e6ee5927f415002ed8509c1c388f8dd

http://www.svc.com/elwirecolors.html

Neon

Thank you. That's some really neat looking stuff. It looks like the electro-luminescent wire is powered, and both ends plug into a 12V inverter to form a loop. The loop can then be bent into whatever shape is desired.

Mark H

Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Hoot

I have had about 8 orders from SVC, and 2 from Performance PCS, and didn't have a problem with either vendor. Both are highly used by Anand, hardocp, and amdmb folk.