• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

New and Massive Seatools/Acronis Program

Started by Whizbang, June 10, 2007, 22:57 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I had been looking for the old 6meg Seatools Disk Wizard to use as a drive copy only to find that it had been replaced by a really heavy 105meg download.  I am about to install it and am wondering what kind of candy this one has.

(Later):  Very nice   8) 

Whizbang

I took some pictures of Acronis/Seagate at work, but I made the mistake of setting the face of the camera almost exactly parallel to the screen and got wave cancelation interference.  The appearance was a lot like viewing through a rippled pond surface. 

You can clone a drive and use proportional drive size cloning, manual cloning, or automatic setting that requires auto-formatting of the cloned drive first.  Actually, with a dual boot system and two drives, using the active system to copy the other to the backup is really much easier and less involved, as well as just as fast and less prone to disaster, in my opinion.  The immense size of the freebie does make it very intriging and possibly much more versatile than my few minutes at the controls were able to explore.

(Edit:)  I believe that this program is as much of a promotion for Acronis Home Edition as anything else.  After close examination, I found that functions are limited with no data backup and no partition to partition copy, at least none that I found.  Functions seem to be limited to drive cloning, not something I do.  Sometimes you seem to get more than you pay for and sometimes less.  In this case, any gripes would be unwarranted since the program is free.  I really liked the small 6meg program better.