• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Spam is not Beaf

Started by Ace, September 19, 2002, 06:59 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

I was going to go with "does anybody know anything about Neon" or "does anyone know what Scuzzy looks like" as an entitlement but figured this will suffice. Surface. Whichever.

Here's the deal; some maroon tagged my email with a LOL FUN piece of cheese incoming load of moronic "fun" stuff.  I've channeled all ensuing emails from these idiots to my deleted mail box, which are apparently a daily flow.

I've now sent 3 "cease and desist" emails to them in response, saying:
1. I don't want it
2. I didn't request it.
3. Knock it off and cut me off. Now.

And, you know, they keep coming...

What's my means and recourse to make them stop?  I scoped out their site, and they don't seem particularly malicious.  It's just STOOPID stuff and they're dang aggressive with it, once the faucet's on.

Danke.  Might be something others could use some tips on, too, I hope.

Ace; I can do crude, and I can enjoy stupid, but crude and stupid is just too much.
Ring bells for service.

poast78

Don't eat that.

Bubba

Send them a picture of you working in your office !!!
 Then see if they want to sell you anything.

Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

Ace

Thanks, guys.  I knew you'd come through.

criminy.

Maybe a photo of Marlon Brando working in my office...

Is anyone else out there..?

Please...?

anyone...?

Ace; probably wind up making myself sick...
Ring bells for service.

Bubba

Marlon Brando working in his office
Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

scuzzy

You're busted (again), Bubba. I removed your links for poor taste. Really poor taste.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Bubba

Ouch !

I don't get it,,,,, there was that other posted "link" a while back that had really nasty words,,,,,, even had Joanie confused,,,, that survived 'cause of some statement about "choosing" to view,,,,,,,,,,
 oh well,,,,,,,,, busted is busted,,,, back to jail, do not pass go,,, do not collect $ 200

scuzzy

Not exactly. That link did stand temporarily, but it ultimately went down. As a matter of fact, I ended up removing the entire thread.

Don't be insulted, Bubba. I realize you may not completely agree with our policies, and you may also feel that the links were harmless. However, we do our best to hold ourselves to a higher standard here. We're not perfect either (just look at Ace), but we will continue to do our best.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Bubba

We're not perfect either (just look at Ace)

Criminy,,,,,,,, that's what gets me pinched,,,,

You can never "trump" an Ace,
Ace high always wins,

Yeah, that's it,,,, I blame Ace for all the evil in the world, I shall go to the Betty Ford Clinic and get De-Aced,,,,,,,,
I shall be cured,,,,,

poast78

Why do I get the feeling you guys are talking about my topic on the old site that "mysteriously" disappeared?
Don't eat that.

dcsun

Quote from: poast78 on September 20, 2002, 00:18 hrsWhy do I get the feeling you guys are talking about my topic on the old site that "mysteriously" disappeared?
No, I don't think you're the author of the poast in question.  I'm not sure what happened to your message on the old server -- it may have been removed, but I'm sure you would have heard about it.  The other server was having major problems in the final few months, so I'm not surprised something disappeared.

Bubba

Hey poast and DC, I do not remember where or who originally poasted the "poast in question" it was up for a few days,, it had a link to a joke or something that had a few references to that really nasty word, so be careful being seen around me, I could get you in trouble,,, ;D

look away,, I am hideous,,, save yourselves

Joanie

Hey Bubba,

I thought you were cured and just look at what you did. Now, we have to start all over again.

As you know I head the Betty Ford Clinic here at Poasters and I just enrolled you for the 3rd time.

No beer, no chips except for maybe a few cow chips tossed at you.  You are now on a diet of Oatmeal and raisons.

Joanie

Bubba

Wait a minute ,,,, 3rd time ???? Am I in denial,, or what,,  ???? I plead "2 times" ! I combined the 2 photo-link infractions this time , as they were minutes apart, and they were captured  on the same arrest, so they count as one; that really nasty poast with the really naughty word referred to,,, was someone else's, not me.

Ok,,,, I'll  settle for "2*"

I do bathroom humor,,, not gutter humor,, not sure what Ace does,,,,, intellectual-bathroom-gutter-pig-latin humor. Smart guys can get away with anything,,,, and they get all the pretty girls too.  Criminy, I need a drink. :P  

As long as I get a little dose of Ace,,,, just to remind me of my wicked days,,,,I will survive,,,,,,,,

Ace

Ok, people, the rooster just crowed 3 times...

That was all fascinating and all as you discoursed on each other's foibles and discretionary statutes and protection of miners and others who dig a hole for themselves but if you don't mind

THIS DANG POAST ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT YOU DANGIT IT'S ABOUT ME CRIMINY
geez, tone it down

and my desire to zap back at a stupid LOLFUN bunch of poerk who keep sending me unsolicited gunkmail and how the heck I can make them stop.

Geez Louise, I don't know how to make you people stop.  

Thanks for saving me from whatever Bubba had in mind; gotta be for my benefit and that of mankind.  Womankind, I don't know.

Heck, I just adminstrate my own domain.  I'm the master of my house.  If I start to creep over the edge, well then I just yank my own chain and pull myself back from the brink.  

You guys oughta see the stuff that doesn't get by me; I tell ya, if you think these contributions you see are idiotic you oughta see the ones that "didn't make the grade."  Geez, they even make an idiot look bad.  

So; back to the topic at hand.  Any thoughts or threats I can deliver to LOL FUN to have them take me off the pipeline?

I'll talk to Bubba later on the fine points of gutter piglatin intellectualism; it's a skill.  He's getting there; just takes time.

Ace; gutter sniping.  I thought that photo was from the Exorcist, actually.
Ring bells for service.

Bubba

Yes,,,,,,, the All-Mighty Ace has spoken,,help me master,,,, I made a febble attempt to aide in your quest to beat down the evil spammers that are causing you dismay, by poasting links to "questionable" photos for that cause,,, my heart was pure,,,,, my judgement  slightly impaired, lead me from this abyss, so I can once again rise to proper poaster status,,,,, so Scuzzy and Joanie will once again think me "ok",,
Bless me Ace for I have done it again,,,,,,,,,

Ace

Ok, you're blessed.  Sorry; I can't hear a sneeze when I have the speakers turned down.

I gotta head back behind the curtain in a minute; hey, if Bubba loses any stars or stuff it's ok if Admin gives them to me... especially if they're bigger ones.

Nah, I don't want to send spammers spam.  I just want to nip them in their buds.  Heck, I'd FedEx them a Panda if I wanted to retaliate in kind.

Ace; if you do a wrong while intending to do a right, then you're left
righting a wrong.  Writing a wrong.  Or "thinging a thong" if you're Tweety Bird.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

In reference to deleting the thread, I believe it may have been started by poast78, although I'm not certain anymore. It may have been around the time that he was new to Poasters. Regardless.....

There was a lot of discussion behind the scenes as to whether the link should remain. We never could come to a consensus, so after Bear left for new adventures, I decided it was best to completely remove the thread. At the time, I'll admit that I didn't consider notifying anyone.

The new set of administrators, as well as our current moderators, remain committed to maintaining high standards for our forum. That includes removing any links that are inappropriate for our forum. Besides, people always have the option to hang out in forums that have little to no rules. However, Poasters will remain above the fray.

dcsun

Quote from: Scuzzy on September 21, 2002, 15:28 hrsThe new set of administrators, as well as our current moderators, remain committed to maintaining high standards for our forum. That includes removing any links that are inappropriate for our forum. Besides, people always have the option to hang out in forums that have little to no rules. However, Poasters will remain above the fray.
Well said!  I agree 100%  :)

poast78

It's no biggie to me.  It had some language. ;)
Don't eat that.

Ace

Well, that explains it.  I try to avoid some language.  Especially the Asian ones; there's no way I'm gonna pick up on those.  Hard to even find a web based translation dictionary for Japanese; finally did, but took awhile.  

The Romance languages are ok, but not like I'm gonna use them for that.

I think it's all well and good Poasters should be above the fray, but half the time I'm right in the fray and there've even been times I'm below the fray.

Ace; I read Chaucer in Middle English, and that's about as far back as I'm going with that stuff, too.  
Ring bells for service.

Bubba

Over,under, around and through,,,

Ace, YOU are the fray !  Stand proud, you can do no wrong !

When I grow up I want to be jus' like ACE,,,, whatever that is.

Ace, he uses such big words, no one knows if they are above or below, ,,,,,,,,,,, Simple, but brilliant tactic.I shall now pause, for a moment of silence, to honor him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "hic" .

Done.

Joanie

Let's all bow to Ace and pray his seams do not fray anymore than the strings he tries to pull. Or something like that.

I see Bubba is hanging on by a thread.

Joanie

Bubba

I see Bubba is hanging on by a thread.

I shall work to improve myself, I will turn that thread into a string, then with added effort, I shall then turn that string into a rope, I then shall be hanging by a rope,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,er,,,,, wait a minute,,,,,, that does not sound right,,,,,,,,,,, criminy,,, I will be quiet and let Ace speak for me in the future.

Ace

Ok.

You're repairman is here.
Ring bells for service.

Joanie

And then Bubba we will braid the ropes so there will be plenty of room for you to walk the tightrope,  then Ace will repair any dangling participles to keep you on the straight and narrow.

JRah

scuzzy

Quote from: Ace on September 23, 2002, 07:43 hrsOk.

You're repairman is here.

No I'm not. I am not a repairman. Uh-uh. Not me. I am not a repairman, neither here nor there.

Your welcome. Yours, not mine.

Bubba

Thanks JRah,, for lending a hand.

I am beginnig to see light at the end of the tunnel of purgatory,,,,,,,,,,,,,er,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait a minute,,,, that is Ace walking in front of me with a flashlight, should I let him get a little farther ahead, or catch up to him ?

Joanie

We're all safer Bubba if we let Ace stay at least one step in front of us. Any closer would be dangerous and the last thing we want is the Aceio breathing down our necks. Remember he uses a squeegee to brush.

JRah

scuzzy

Quote from: Joanie on September 23, 2002, 11:59 hrs...the last thing we want is the Aceio breathing down our necks.

JRah

The last thing I want is Ace breathing.