• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Favorite Snack

Started by pat, October 28, 2006, 15:11 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

What' your favorite snack.

Candy
1 (8.3%)
Chips Potato, Corn, etc.
2 (16.7%)
Nuts
2 (16.7%)
Ice Cream
0 (0%)
Beef Jerky
1 (8.3%)
Pork Rinds
1 (8.3%)
Other sweet snack
4 (33.3%)
Geez Louise, pretzels.
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

pat

Hey since most poasts end up about food, I figured I just start off this one that way.

If I missed your favorite, please feel free to let us know what it may be.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

Okay, this was really frustrating because I couldn't pick all of them.

Hmm. I wouldn't mind if Flamin' Limon Cheetos was added to the list. And Kettle Corn popcorn. And marshmallows. And Pez.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Pretzels.  Pretzels.  Geez Louise, pretzels.  

I could live on pretzels.  Especially the dark salty beer pretzel rings.  And dutch.  And rods.  And sticks, for a late TV snack.  Pretzels deserve their own slot.  They're like the perfect food...  Stupid chips get a whole category?  Well, dangit, then so do pretzels.

I don't know what a flamin' limon is...  Is it like a lemon? Limo?  My wife could exist on Cheetos, and Doritos.  Me?  Pretzels.  Hard ones.  Baked, in a bag.  Big ol' bagga pretzels.

With a slice of extra sharp cheddar, they are to die for.

Ace; and, yes, they go well with beer.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

I am "nuts" over nuts. I also love ice cream as well as chips and hot melted cheese.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

I've never had hot melted cheese on ice cream, but sure, why not?

Okay, I fixed the missing pretzel option, but there's just not enough room to add pez. Unless no one is going to pick pork rinds.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Mark H

Quote from: pat on October 29, 2006, 18:41 hrs
I've never had hot melted cheese on ice cream, but sure, why not?

I like the cheese with chips, but let me know how it taste on ice cream as I would never do that combination.  ;)

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Bill

Geez, I thought the hot melted cheese was for the nuts.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Hot melted cheese is fine all by itself.  Just grab a handful.

In the old days, they'd then put butter on.

Ace; the burn.
Ring bells for service.

pat

You know what else makes a great treat is a grilled peanut butter and jam sandwich.
Just make up the PB&J, butter the outsides and grill it up

That is so good. But hold the cheese.

Bill

While we're talkiing about bacon, peanutbutter and bacon on toast is much better than jam.

Bill;oink.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Oh, yes.  Grilled bacon and peanut butter and jam.  That did wonders for Elvis.

Ace; let me see if I can shove a sandwich into a major artery...
Ring bells for service.

Whizbang

Corn nuts.  Unfortunately, my store-boughts will not allow me to munch on those anymore.  That probably is just as well, since they can easily chip a good set of home-grown chompers too.

pat

I could go for hot melted cheese on a bacon and peanut butter sandwich.

Elvis ain?t got nothing on me.

What is a corn nut? I?ve never seen one of those before.

Whizbang

Corn nuts are roasted hominy.  They are not quite as hard as rocks, but come close.  This culinary corn is from a very tall species of field corn and as far as I know is good for nothing else but cow fodder.  You really have to be a bit of a redneck who does not care if he gets a chipped tooth in order to enjoy them.  They are good, but dangerous.  Only other use I can think of would be sling shot pellets to kill rats, or Pandas if you are of Ace's character profile.

Ace

Cornman, the Hoosier Superhero who obtained super powers as a child when his mother fed him radioactive niblets suddenly came upon Supernematode Man between the rows, and screamed in pain when Supernematode man kicked him in his corn

Oh, I don't know what they are either.  Anyway, people from Middle Michigan don't feel all that awed by Elvis since he still works up there at the gas station.

Ace; I could just see an Elvis impersonator go around tomorrow in the white sequined suit with a toilet seat stuck on his pants.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Hominy flavors do they come in?

I saw Elvis at a party I went to last Saturday, well, without the seat. You know, I saw an article once that said Elvis had a 70LB colo????

Oh never mind, that was sort of gross.

Hey is Cornman sort of like Hoosier folklore?

Yeah, like there really is more than corn in Indiana.

Mr. Sam

One teaspoon of maple butter(or any maple product for that matter) has to be the best sweet snack ever. It's usually expensive and comes in small portions too, so that makes it even more special. I can't believe it wasn't listed, or maybe there's no maple trees in the magical, mystical land of Michianana. :P
A post is a poast. A tost is a toast.

Ace

Well, yes, sure, we have maple trees in Michiana.. but we don't eat them...  Criminy.  Actually, I think one attacked Pat once.

I like maple syrup but I've never had maple butter.  Actually, I don't gravitate that much to sweet snacks.  I like the starchy salty variety, although a real hot fudge sundae is okey dokey.  For some reason I do not react well to chocolate, any longer.  It's like a lobotomy, but lower.

I had an Outback sirloin tonight, which I guess I could nominate as a nice snack.  With a loaded baked potato and Caeser salad and barbied shrimp.  Heh; I guess the Crocodile Hunter didn't care for anything on the barbie, at the end there...

Poor guy.  I guess that just goes to show don't yank Mother Nature's tail or she could use it on you.

Ace; I still am not sure what a corn nematode looks like, but I'm sure it ain't pretty.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

pat

An Oak, it was a big old Oakus Fallindownes. Not a Maple, Linden, Elm, or an Ent.
You can bet your Ash it was an Oak.

And the Wonderful Magical Mystical Land of  Michiana does indeed have Sugar Maple trees. All you have to do ask.

Ace

A Oak...A.  

I don't need to ask, since I sure don't have any sugar maples in my yard.  It could be a sugar tulip, I suppose, although mostly it just grows mushrooms.  I sure don't want mushrooms on a pancake.

And why Bill saw fit to poast a phoato of a boomerang is beyond me...  I've breakfast return, before, but not in a good way.  Usually if I get onions in the Country Skillet or omelets at Nick's.

ace; it's magically mystically cold out, right now.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Phoato
Talking on the phone while eating a potato?

I dunno.

Ace

Judas Priest Pat, you're as bad as other people who refuse to follow the naming conventions here.  

It's P-O-A-s-ters, for cryin' out loud.  We spell woards with an O-A.  Poast.  Oak.  Phoato.  Boat.  Joak.  Roanoke.  Like that.  

I've never talked on a potato while on the phoane, so I can't answer that.  

Personally, even though it's surprisingly lighter outside in the morning this week, it's still too early in Southern Michiana for a grammar lesson.  I'm having enough trouble getting my mouth and head around the coffee, let alone correct spelling.  Maybe after I get to work and am boared I'll take another look.

Oace;

Nah; that just looks weird.  Like some Druid's name, or part of anatoamy.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Ok, got it.
Roanoake, sounds like some creek a guy ends up without a paddle.

I'm guessing you remembered to fall behind then?

Bill

Geez, boomerang indeed.  How does Scuzzy refer to you?

"Oace" could be poorly spelled and puncuated greeting, like Hay.

Bill

Ace

Hey yourself.  It also resembles a Catalpa tree pod, but I wouldn't think they're edible.  Unlike a maple.

Oy! Ace! could form the contraction OAce.  Otherwise, Scuzzy doesn't refer to me at all.  He's probably buried in a snowdrift in an appliance at the moment.  I guess that could be dangerous, since appliances wouldn't show up as they usually do.

You know, we're getting stinking Pat's Lake Effect Snow here today.  And I gotta actually drive up into Northern Michiana tomorrow.  Crickey.  Crud.

Ace; O.
Ring bells for service.

Whizbang

Actually, I thought it was a liver fluke, but given some of the dietary preferences on the forum, I was afraid I might offend someone if I said that I did not like the idea of eating liver flukes.  Of course it also looks like a super-magnified marigold seed, not a good idea for consumption either though.

Ace

Geez Dangit, Whiz, don't say stuff like that when I'm drinking... I almost passed an ice cube out my nose.

"Liver Fluke?"  BOY, DO I know LIVER FLUKES.  Let's put it this way; I do NOT think I'm gonna be a donor, of one of those...  "Hey, Jester, you just downed like 8 Heinekens and a couple Mists and Coke and you're still almost coherent.. what's up?"

"Well, uh, I GUESS IT MUST BE SOME DANG FLUKE.  Yeah, I bet it's my Liver; What A Fluke!!"  

Criminy Louise, that was like a fluke of nature or something.  Now I'm wondering if my liver is ALSO like a boomerang, now that I DON'T drink much on account of it gets my toe drunk, and THAT is gonna come back and hit me between the eyes, anyway.  Probably leave a yellow mark!  Heeheehee

Oh, this place cracks me up.  Shoot, if my liver is a fluke, I wonder how my gallbladder is...  Probably a Miracle.  Or 8th Wonder of the World.

It's probably not even the 8th wonder on my person...  Heck, my funny glowing red toe has to be in the top 5!

Ace; I gotta sit down... oh, shoot, I am sitting.  Man.
Ring bells for service.

pat

I wouldn?t be offended if some one said they didn?t want to eat liver. That stuff is weird, all kind of red and shaky like some kind of strange jello mold.

Toasted marigold nuts are pretty good though.

Bill

This poast has now been read 140+ times and yet there are only 8 votes.  Does that mean each of us among the eight have read this thing 18 times each?

Nothing better to do....

Bill; and one of us stole 1%.