• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by scuzzy, November 11, 2000, 18:13 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I logged in once, about a week ago. Cookie detects me each time I come back.

Scuzzy

quote:

Doesn't my cookie log me in after I register.  Gotta log in x times a day? [0)]

Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Joanie

Here is how the login works for me. If I use the logoff when I want to exit the Forum the next time I access the Forum I have to type in ID and password. If I just close and do not use the logoff option when exiting it will automatically log me in my next visit. Go figure.

Joanie

quote:

I logged in once, about a week ago. Cookie detects me each time I come back.

Scuzzy

quote:

da5id

Okay, cool, auto login does work.  I guess I'm kind of lazy and when I saw the blank spaces for login, I assumed that I would be required to fill the spaces.  In any event, I visit to another board similar to this and I like very much the way it operates.  Now I have qualified myself as an expert, I might point out that excessive quoting is discouraged because it's so easy to see the post that's being replied to.  Now, on the other hand, should you be replying to a post that is rather old and it seems that your reply is separated too far from the original post, quoting is acceptable.  I'll be happy to answer other questions as they arrive.  Just don't ask me to do anything hard like tryout all the options, read the instructions, etc.

Edited by - da5id on Nov 11 2000  9:30:43 PM

da5id