• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Jester's in his court; all's right with the world

Started by Ace, June 07, 2003, 20:42 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

I'm baaaaaaack.

10 1/2 hours, as is the norm, from DC to India.  Ana.  Half hour lunch; McDonald's today, Panera Bread on the way in.  Heavy Duty rains all the way in and 178 miles out today.  

Mostly a family affair in DC, as our other niece graduated from HS.  Only malling involved a park by the tidal basin (across from the Jefferson Memorial) with a walk down to the Capitol, to the Lincoln, with stops at the National Gallery of Art and Sculpture Garden.  Went through the Korean memorial again.  Did not hazard near the Vietnam wall, as my wife begins wailing at that wall when within eyeshot.  Or the FDR.  

Saw the PreZ come in, over the Potomac.  3 Presidential Choppers, with the 3rd at treetop level to the White House.  Always impressive.  Made one realize that carrying a rocket launcher, in an umbrella or fishing rod case, would not be difficult.  It's frightening how things aren't controllable no matter how hard you try.  The museums and buildings do detector searches or bags at least, now.  As we do not own a bazooka or other conveyance, we were definitely not a threat, at least.  

I was relieved to see I missed absolutely nothing, during my time away.  I feel as am a cog in something turning, here.

Anyway, glad to be back.  I missed the snappy repartee and glib responses.  And hope to be one, when I grow up.

AC; my niece is destined to Beauty College.  Or "Cosmotology" school, as one of my coworkers used to call it... she could not do a thing with my hair.  ???

Ring bells for service.

Neon

Hi Ace,
Welcome baaaaaack. Is sounds like you really saw the sights. Those that were visible to be seen, anyway.

Let me be one of the first to thank you for not shooting any rockets at our president. ::)

Good thing they finally put detectors at the museums. Those terrorists are always trying to loot the art museums, look what they did in Baghdad. Do they attach security tags to each painting, like the clothing from Target?

Check out the latest thread in the announcements forum. Maybe we could use your opinion for something.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

pat

Jest it time.
Jest glad you made it.
Jest hasn't been the same without ya.
Jest.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Jest knock it off.  You lake-side hooligan.  

Oh; and your welcome, Neon.

There were some giant sculptures there.  And paintings.  Even if I'd been wearing my Matrix rain coat it'd be near impossible to carryout any.

I did make Margaritas, Pat, of which sorrily I couldn't offer you any.  I would have, gladly.  We went to a Williams and Sonoma store at the Outlet mall and got their Very Fine Margarita Mix, 2 for $10.  However; being an OUTlet mall the stuff had a somewhat cloudy hue and different coloration...

It was goshawful.  It was thick, yet strangely sweet and horrid.  We pretty much drank the first, then dumped the remainder.  I made the 2nd batch, even adding a can of Country Time as thinner.  It didn't, they weren't, another batch of drain cleaner.  What a deal.

Of course, out East they have those bizarre ABC govt-run liquor stores.  They are nearly invisible, and bland.  Like a clinic for booze.  It just seems weird, as here we offer the stuff retail and normally.  In real life liquor stores.

The fellow behind the counter struck up a conversation about my Nike-town T shirt, and about his throwing the discuss as a youth.  I got out of there, quick.

So, thanks PN for the howdy.  I shall look for other glad tidings and well wishes and welcome Mats if not Pats and door prizes throughout the day.  As well as the normal fear and retribution.

I did not note any weapons of mass destruction visible, either.  Unless rain can be considered one, or the puddles on the mall.  I did get splashed with mud, when my wife's foot caught on some yellow border tape for the Smithsonian mall display they were setting up and I reached to free it and it snapped back and nailed my off-white shorts with off-brown splatters.  Looked like I had an accident, in front.  Just the thing I like to wear when walking among thousands of strangers.  Might as well stuck a Jester bell cap on my head with a sign on my back saying "Kick Me I'm From Indiana Can't You Tell."  

Ace; my sister in law had to give her kids at school the SOL test that they give there.  That still cracks me up.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Geez criminy.  I saw more action at Arlington than I have here, recently.  

C'mon people.  Whatta we need, a "tomb of the unknown poaster"???!@#)$*  I think we can do better than "two" responses, here.  Thank goodness pat and neon know where the right room is, let alone the one they left.

Now then; for the rest of ya.  You know I don't do this for the money...  I'm here solely for your amusement, and the love and affection and rebukes you offer is like oxygen to me.  I live for it, and breathe it.  And, it's flammable.

So let's go.  Let's see some "Gee Whiz Ace It's Sure Darn Nice To Have You Back" "Criminy Ace Don't ever Leave Us Again" "Heck Ace, if you ever do leave us again do it quicker than the last guy I didn't know if that would ever end" "Hey Ace, Where Were You, Gone?" "Hey Ace next time you leave can I have your stuff?"  "There Sure Weren't Any Jokes While You Were Gone, Ace, Not Like You'd Have Any to Offer Anyway" or even "Oh.  You're back.  Huh."  or even even "Which one is Ace?  Is he the guy that doesn't know much of anything about computers, except what he reads? "

Even that.  Or that.

ok. I'm back.  No, I mean right now, let alone after that week off.  I just heard the doorbell, and it was some guy offering free window replacement estimates.  Told him no.  He wanted to know if they could call, anyway, in a couple days.  Told him, no.  Like; what's gonna change in a couple days, unless pandas somehow fall outta the trees and get stuck in them... Sure, then, I'd be looking to replace.  

So, now that I'm back, plus back again, I gotta go.  I'll check in later;  I am looking forward to the heartfelt messages and cards and letters and even numbers if that's your preference.  Thank you all, in advance.  You know, if not for you, I wouldn't even be a Jester.   Sometimes, even with you, I'm really not.

Ace; your pal and acquaintance, too.  :-X

Ring bells for service.

44mayg

OK Ace, it's not good when the Chester, uh...... Jester feels un-loved. Woulda' got back to you sooner, but we spent Fri-Mon in Seattle at our daughter and son-in-laws. Good visit, miss her, still like him, took the doggie, plays with their new cat, fun, kinda long drive, had to come home, dang.

Sounds like you had a good(?) time, cept for maybe the goo on the off white shorts and the police tape. Like to go to DC some day, but not to see all the criminals on the street, in Congress and Senate. Smithsonian yes. Memorials and all the cool marble statues. The Constitution. Bill of rights. No, not Bill of I don't know the cigar smoking Monica.

I guess since she's been mentioned a few times by someone who lives in this room, I spose she could be the greeter to say "Welcome Back" in a cheering kinda way. She's getting a little old, born in this same month back in 98, but she still gets that left leg up with no problem. Hidden away, no tan lines. Hasn't aged a pixel.

Ace

Ok; now we're getting somewhere.  Good resurrection; that's one kicky cool cheerer.  Legs look sorta tan, but in a good way.

Alright, then.  If this is gonna be an eternal poast, let's keep them coming.  Don't have to bring gifs, but it's always appreciated.  

I gotta go check out the poast about Bubba that's appeared, but I'll be back later to see all the accolades that I'm sure have accumulated, since.

Ace; I tell ya, if you want to do stair-stepping go to DC.  Nothing's on ground level.  Well, except the obelisk, but it's on a hill.  Dang windy hill, too.
Ring bells for service.