• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by QQQ, December 21, 2000, 21:32 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

QQQ

If you are looking to update your drivers, you will have to download them from the mfr sites for each of your components.

If you specifically want the drivers provided with Win2000, you can only get them by purchasing that OS.

n/a

Hi, infinitex, and welcome. The Pionex and Inteva driver databases are still up. They use the Fountain nomenclature shared with Quantex, if that helps. The links can be found on the Quantex Help! page.

Thanks for poasting your web page in your member profile. It's always good to know something about our poasters. Got a chuckle out of seeing that we share the wonderful world of Radio Shack on our resumes, though my experience with them has about fallen off the back end by now--TRS80s were the rage back then.

Congrats on your Cisco certification, and we look forward to hearing from you again.

http://www2.mmind.net/bskarky/bb1cc.jpg" border=0>

Merry HO HO HO--Bear

portablecomputer.com

Hello Infinitex,

Manufacturers of the components will not offer the Windows 2000 drivers for the laptop. Only the laptop manufacturer will. Which would be our supplier. They do not offer Windows 2000 drivers for that model yet. They are still testing. You can try to install Windows 2000 and see what it picks up. It may or may not pick up all the devices.

With the later series it does, the older ones it does not. Let me know how far you have gotten and I will help you with the rest. If you need anything else let us know.

Thank you for using Poasters Computer Forum

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

================================

infinitex

I actually have Windows 2000 already installed on the system.  It works quite well actually, but I would like to get the updated ATI Rage driver.  I was playing a few of the games that draw a lot of graphics and it did decently, but I think with a new graphic driver it would be much better.  However, anyone else with a N30W-15 that wants to update to Windows 2000, it works quite well, everything installed perfectly so I was happy.  I was just wondering where I might be able to pick up the drivers for later use :).  Thanks all!

infinitex

Where can I get windows 2000 drivers for my Quantex N30W-15.  I have tried searching through alt.sys.pc-clone.quantex and through poasters.com and I can't find anything relating to Windows 2000.  Thank you.