• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by QQQ, December 14, 2000, 09:42 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

QQQ

Is there a technical *need*  to upgrade your bios?  If not, it is best to leave such things alone.

inhaler

Why would you want to update the BIOS?  Is there a problem?  You didn't say.  If the computer is working fine you should leave the BIOS alone.

chuckcha

No, the laptop is working just fine. I just wanted to fine tune it with the latest possible software/drivers.

scuzzy

I have to agree with the others here. It's generally not a good idea to update the BIOS unless you're trying to resolve a technical issue that you feel fairly confident a BIOS update would fix. Updating your BIOS only to have the latest update *could* cause you trouble.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0> (The real Scuzzy)
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

portablecomputer.com

Dear Chuckcha..

I also agree with the members. We have been working with those laptops for years. If the BIOS update fails it will cost you hundreds to get a new board for that laptop. HOWEVER...if you still insist give me the model on the bottom and I will send the latest BIOS. The model should say TS30i2, TS30W, Etc.

Please note that poasters.com and portablecomputer.com are NOT responsible if any problems should arrise.

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

================================

chuckcha

What would be the best way to update my BIOS? I have the Quantex I-1410 (PII333, 64mb Ram.....). I am still using the Phoenix Bios that came with the laptop that I bought a year ago.