• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Wondering why notebooks are more alike than different?

Started by query, May 09, 2007, 18:16 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

query

If you were wondering why notebook computers are more alike than different these days:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2127906,00.asp

scuzzy

I guess what separates one from the other, besides the name, is the support policies behind the badge. Where do Lenovo and Apple fall in this?
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Mark H

I just figured there are only so many ways to make a flat compact PC that takes up minimal space look different from others like it.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

query

At least according to PC Mag and Consumers' Union, Apple and Lenovo are way ahead on support - far beyond any of the others.

I don't think that it's just that there are only so many ways to design notebooks - rather, there are basically two major and a few smaller designers.

If you go to buy a top-loading washing machine in the US now, you'll find that out - there are only three companies left that build most of them, and one of those has almost 75% of the market.