• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Help with DVD drive

Started by burdeesrule, October 14, 2006, 08:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

burdeesrule

This laptop (currently on windows 2000 profesional) has a problem with the CD DVD drive. It was working fine, and then all of a sudden it wasn't working. It will open fine, but it will not read any CD that we  put in it. I checked the Unplug or Eject Hardware thing and it said that the driver was not working properly because "Windows cannot load the drivers for this device (Code 31)"

How can I fix this problem? I currenly got an iPod and am desperate to load my songs onto it.

Mr. Sam

Since windows seems to be having problems putting its own generic drivers on, try downloading the drivers for your drive from the manufacturer's site and see if those work.
A post is a poast. A tost is a toast.

Chandler

Is this a standard internal drive, or a USB one?

burdeesrule

This DVD drive is standard, I think. It was sent right from the Microsoft people. When I almost had it done and fixed, it told me to restart the computer and it crashed, so I had to use the manual restart on the bottom of the laptop. When I did, I got a message box that said something like "CD 9302-3 (Some string of numbers) isn't working properly. Please update Direct X to update the Driver." I don't even have Direct X yet.

burdeesrule

In that eject hardware thing there was a troubleshooter, but it didn't work.