• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Seasons?

Started by Bill, May 25, 2005, 23:35 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Seems like we're down to two: cold and colder.

If it gets any colder or wetter I'm going to unpack the dang longjohns.

The sun has abandoned NJ.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Bill

You are definitely on the edge, JA.  As for "slack", you'll get none of that here.

Bill; Vivaldi doen't talk to me.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Bill

Far be it from me to be an obstacle or impediment.

In fact, let me help:

http://tinyurl.com/9yyol

Bill; I generally am off kilter.

Ace

You don't see me wasting my time offering advice to computer newbies or olbies.  I pretty much just do my own thing, when it comes to computering.  Computing.  Puting.  

I invest my complete intellect and passion into the funny farm.  I avoid all manner of serious thought.  I devote my complete attention to the non important.  I focus my being on the pursuit of humour.  I don't catch it, but by golly I pursue it.  Sometimes, I chase it right out of here.

You guys take serious stuff too seriously.  I take the silly too sillyilly.

Ace; ever since I killed the original jester and stole his identity, it's been like that.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

I suppose if you stole yourself blind you'd never catch the crook.

You know, that's exactly how I killed him.  I bored him to death.

You pose some interesting questions.  I don't want to attempt understanding them, but boy are they interesting.  I think if you stole a dead person's identity you'd be dead.  Better than stealing their shoes, though, huh.

The original jester was an idiot, until some fool took his place.

Ace; this would be quite a story if I wasn't making it all up.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

I have the same motor function.  Not the hair, though.

I can't model Calvin Klein, since I wear J.C. Penney.

Ace; I smell like the sea.  And I'm not near one...
Ring bells for service.

Ace

No, thank you.  I have no fondness for heights.  The beach has dead smelly things on it, while the sea has live smelly things in it, so I'd rather smell like Michiana, actually.

But not Indy, since those things are stinking loud.

I was lucky enough to see the turbine cars run at Indy; both the original fat sided Parnelli one and then the wedgie ones with Graham Hill.  They were not loud.  They swooshed.  But the Novis were LOUD, back in the day.

Ace; and oh what heights I'll hit - on with the show, this is it.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

After some extended time, it's now Monday.  I know the calendar would dispute that, but I know better...  you can tell by the way it walks.  

Michiana had a pretty splendiforous holiday, weatherwise.  Mostly sunny and warm; Indy stayed rain-free to allow their spectacle to proceed unabashed. Unawashed.  I saw Russell Crowe praise the track, and remark how clean it was.  I assume he's never ventured to an infield restroom...  As a kid, the smell alone made me hold it all day.  Seriously.  And that's after a couple Pepsis, too.  I was never so glad to see a gas station on the way out of town as I was then.

Today is also bright and sunny and blue and shall be warm; alas, it is Monday.  Wish I was there.

Ace; I'd like to have a memorial for Memorial day.

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Indy gas stations are clean?  I guess I should have have said "were".  Given the givens, that must have been a long time ago, huh?

B-

Ace

We were there on the day Jigger Sirois clutched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Or ignominy.  Or just the surreal.
http://home.flash.net/~dralstin/stories/JiggerSirois.htm

Yes, it does rain in Indianapolis in the summertime.  And during the time trials.  Spending a day in it, in the mud of the infield, is something special.

Ace; something stupid, too.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Yup, that's what I thought, a long time ago. Crikey, they didn't even have portable "Restrooms" then.  No bushes in the infield, either.  What fun!

Bill; Tv looks better and doesn't stink.

Ace

Well, yeah.  There was no TV back then.  Well, I mean, there was TV... heck, color even.  But no televised Indy.  We would set up multiple radios throughout the house and outside to follow it, back then.  Years later, they'd do a delayed highlights show.  And finally, live.  It wasn't so long ago

hold it.  Hold on a minute..

Alright, never mind.  Yes, it was a long time ago.  I've never ventured to the race, since it was ugly enough dealing with the crowds on a pole day.  The first time trials I went to had Jimmy Clark driving the Lotus, and still had some front engine cars...  Then the turbine years, as I mentioned.  Then I stayed home.

I will say I picked Dan Wheldon in our driver's betting pool for our party, and finally won the pot.  I am a fan of British drivers.   Others were chagrined when Danika went from 4th to 4th, but not me.  I cheered.  

Ace; and pocketed the proceeds.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Ok, I remember Clark and his car, not the race, mind you.  I do remember the high rpm whine of the green Lotus and, something they made a big deal about, a tuned exhaust system.

Sure, that's an open invitation to iTunes/MP3s puns, whatever.  

But it sure sounded sweet.

Bill, vrrooom.

Ace

The Cosworth was topped with a "bundle of snakes."  Mentioning a Brit with a loud whine will probably bring Buffalo in here, seeking Merlot.

The last time I was near the Speedway was a couple years ago, at a wedding reception that was just outside the track (and at the golf course).  I did use the bathroom, there.  Several times.  You only rent beer, while as a child I owned the Pepsi.

Ace; at least until 6:00 or so...
Ring bells for service.