• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Finally! Pics of Barry!!

Started by Scotto1971, January 08, 2006, 19:48 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotto1971

Well I sorted myself out, took some pics during the rebuild of Barry and some completed shots and popped them on Photo Bucket.  The link is below and I really hope it works like it should.

The main task I set myself was to tidy up the cables as much as I could, there are a lot in there so it really does become a game of hide and seek.  I'm pretty happy with the end result, I managed to get most of them all tucked away, the biggest and most unco-operative are of course the IDE cables.  One of these days I'll be moving to SATA but for now I find using the rounded cables are far less unsightly.  Secondly I wanted to have the neons in there but I didn't want them 'in your face style' so finding just the right place for them was tricky but I've managed to get them in a place so a nice blue glow is cast whilst the actual tubes are relatively hidden from view.  I'm sure people passing the house think aliens have landed, the blue glow eminating from the window is hard to miss.

You can see how much room the 6800GT takes up and I don't mind telling you I am nursing some shredded fingers from continually catching them on the corners!  

In the end I'm happy with the result, I loved the Tsunami Dream case as soon as I saw it and it is well built and solid, I particularly like the rubber grommets used in the HD mounting, nice touch.  The tool free business for cards etc is not as robust as I would like, I still use screws to secure the cards as well because it really is annoying when you plug something in and the darn card pops out of it's slot.  Price wise the case is a bit excessive, $230 without a PSU!

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, hope the link works and hope you like the look of my system!

****Thanks to Bill and Mark H for clueing me in on getting the images in here!!****  ;D ;D
There are more at Photo Bucket but these are the main ones.  
I'll keep the link to there below...way below.

Messy....

Still messy...

Hard drives a go go...
<
Done and working...

My little hidey hole...
http://photobucket.com/albums/f56/Scotto1971/
P4 3.0c GHz @ 3.38GHz, 1.5GHz DDR400, Albatron PX865PE ProII, Albatron GeForce 6800GT, 3 x 80Gig Seagate Barracudas, Pioneer Dual layer DVD burner, Samsung DVD ROM, Benq FP767 17" LCD, 500watt PSU, and a whole stack of neons nicely wrapped up in a black Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case.

Bill

Scotto,
when I suggested you hotlink to photobucket this is what I meant:

you can do this by copying the code below the  photo on photobucket that begins like this:
[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/
and the pasting it in your poast.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Mark H

Quote from: Bill on January 08, 2006, 21:52 hrs
you can do this by copying the code below the  photo on photobucket that begins like this:

Bill couldn't complete it or he would display the picture again, so I completed it for him.  ;D
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Bill

Mark-
Worked when I did it the first time.  Photobucket must have had a problem.
Thanks.

Bill

Scotto- no problem, that's what Poasters is for.

B-
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Whizbang

Love acrylic side panels.   8)

Scotto1971

As do I whizbang!!  Strange how we ooh and ahh when it's really just a bunch of circuit boards!  But what circuit boards they are.  

This current system is a bit less bright than my previous ones. The previous one had a black UV light in it and UV reactive cable sheaths, pretty cool effect.  The one previous to that was bright irredescent orange...the whole case hence the bright orange DVD etc in this current one.  It had green neons inside and oh my lord it was bright.  Sadly I didn't take photos of it like a goose.  The one previous to that was...well....pretty dodgy really.
P4 3.0c GHz @ 3.38GHz, 1.5GHz DDR400, Albatron PX865PE ProII, Albatron GeForce 6800GT, 3 x 80Gig Seagate Barracudas, Pioneer Dual layer DVD burner, Samsung DVD ROM, Benq FP767 17" LCD, 500watt PSU, and a whole stack of neons nicely wrapped up in a black Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case.