• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Rebates or No Rebates?

Started by Whizbang, August 30, 2007, 20:20 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I am curious to know what the longest period of time is that anyone has had to wait for a rebate.  I have one going on 7 months now.  I bet they did not think I would remember, but I fooled them.  I actually copied the site URL and email address.  TA DA!  I think I will try worrying them to cyber death.  This rebate is for an exquisite blue Superman keyboard, complete with the big super S insignia (no wonder they were wanting to get rid of them) that I got for my daughter.  Her friends think it is cool.  Anyway, this rebate was submitted in February of this year and went to processing in May.  It is now almost September, and it is still being processed.  Since I am a bit long on available time now, I think I am going to be a fly in their ear on this one and just "bug'm" a bit. The email that I sent has been ignored for about a week, so far.  Maybe it is in ProcessingYES, now only four more months to wait for an email answer!   Hey, the rebate was for $14.95, and that would easily pay for a meal of broiled Salmon at Golden Corral. 

scuzzy

It's funny that you should bring this up.

In the early part of 2005, I submitted a rebate to Staples for TurboTax Deluxe 2004. Last week I received a postcard from Staples informing me that the rebate request was rejected for failing to submit all required documents. I have until 9/12/07 to submit the "validating information". Of course, the postcard doesn't tell me what the missing information is.

Scuzzy; It's not like if I even remember submitting for the stupid rebate.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Whizbang

The missing documentation probably was sent to the rebate center in Moosejaw, Saskatchewan until the rebate period is up, or was that Butte Montana?   Anyway, wherever they can claim that it was lost in a glacier avalanche is best, so they can claim that they are not responsible is the objective here.  The key is that they just are not responsible at all.  That is why they are rebate centers, as in "re-bait" and switch.  Any business that specializes in rebates should have no more than a two week turn-around, no excuses.

Ace

Any business that specializes in rebates oughta just discount the dang thing and give you it to you up front...  I thought you were gonna say you got a rebate, on your job.  That'd be funny: "That promotional Rebate you applied for 8 months ago is in processing, now."  "I'm sorry, we cannot provide you your promotion as promised at this time as we did not receive all the necessary documents.  Please resubmit your resume, cover letter, and complete another application so that we may dispose of those, too.  Again."  "We have it on our records that your raise rebate was sent to you last October.  You say you did not receive it?"

I'm always thrilled to get those company checks for $2.37 or something for some forgotten software or memory card or the like.  You'd think I'd remember a rebate on a memory product.

Ace; you'd think.
Ring bells for service.

Whizbang

This indirectly reminds me of the credit card call I received this morning despite my Do-not-call-under-any-circumstances-sign-up list.  It was Heather, the automated Siren of credit card seduction telling me how much she could save me on interest, credit card, that is.  I was prepared because I have learned that if no one starts talking within two seconds, you are being fleeced, even by Heather. "Heather" seems to be the choice name to use for gullible men.  There is just the thought of a beautiful field of daisies and, of course, Heather.  Heather also advertises for the local knife and gun show, and has been for the last 25 years with her sawed off pump shotgun that she loads while announcing that  "Sure as shoot'n, I'll probably see you there."  I am sure that my wife would like to know what brand of facial cream she uses to keep her looking like 22 for the last 25 years.

scuzzy

I too like to envision fields and fields of beautiful Daisies. Daisy Dukes, anyway. I suppose a few Heathers thrown in the mix would be okay. Especially if they come with guns.

Dang it, I just drooled on myself.

Ace looks like if he's been shot with a 22, 25 times.

Scuzzy; or with a 25, 22 times.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Look, if you're interested in Heather saving you, go for it.  I always thought salvation that included a crowd of beautiful women gathered around you sounded pretty sweet.  I don't know what women would get out of it... They probably envision an afterlife filled with Vikings.

Heather is a pretty good name, although overdone anymore.  Beats Heathcliff, at least.  Not much you can do with it as far as nicknames, though.  "Heath.."  "Ther"...  "Eat"... no, that wouldn't be good. 

Ace; Er.
Ring bells for service.