• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Newegg is frustrating at times

Started by scuzzy, December 12, 2007, 19:05 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I find it increasingly difficult to access Newegg. I realize that they are probably getting a lot of extra traffic due to the holiday season, but even so I often have to muddle through a slow site. On rare occasion, their site is fast and responsive.

I managed to get one order in today after a few efforts. I later went back to look at a digital camera, but again I had to wade through a painfully slow site. An hour later I went to purchase the camera, but I was not able to get back in. For now, I've given up in frustration.

I love Newegg, their service and selection, as well as their prices. But I really wish they'd beef up their servers.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

pat

I did experience long delays over the Thanksgiving holiday, but it's been ok since then. I put in an order a little while ago and all was good.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

It's sporadic. I tested my connection at speedtest.net, and my connection is solid and fast. I'm not having problems accessing any other sites, other than newegg.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

It's probably one of those things where they see your Cookies, and recognize you.  I've gotta figure they know it's you coming in, and that's when they react.

I'll try it; see what the price is for that second video card I was thinking of adding.  Of course, if you've given up on your computer or reputation and just want to send your card, to me, that's fine too.  You have my address.  I haven't moved or anything.

Well, I went from the bedroom, down to the kitchen for my muffin.  And, then, back up to the den.  So not like I'm dormant, or stagnant, or whatever the term is.

Ace; NewEgg will probably be glad to see me.  Unlike some people.
Ring bells for service.