• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Oscar the Flatline Feline

Started by Whizbang, October 19, 2007, 09:45 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I really do not know how to describe this.  It is very bizarre but also very touching and remarkable.  It appeared sometime ago in our Texarkana paper, and only today did I notice an Internet URL on the page.  This one indescribable cat

Ace

Well. That was disappointing. 

I misread the subject, and thought it said "Flattened Feline."  That piqued my interest.  Now I see it's about that cat that stalks nursing home residents, hovering about awaiting their deaths.

You know, sometimes I read those "famous last words" quotes and epitaphs.  I gotta figure the majority in that place are along the lines of "Get away from me, you stupid cat!" "Hey!  Somebody get this (#@ cat away from me!"  "You get your furry feline freaking face out of here, you stinking cat, or you're gonna be the next dead thing!"  Sort of like that. 

I don't doubt for a minute a cat would walk amongst the nearly dead, staring blankly and laying in wait.  A dog would come up, lick your hand or face, wag its tail, and be sad, for you.  Stupid cat would be nonplussed and uncaring; and just in the way. 

I think it was the Egyptians who would have their cats buried with them... heh.  That'd be a nice surprise for the Death Tabby. 

Ace; "Here, kitty kitty kitty...  Gotcha!" 
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

My favorite epitaph can be found in Boothill Graveyard in Tombstone, Arizona:

HERE LIES LESTER MOORE
FOUR SLUGS FROM A 44
NO LES NO MORE

Somehow it's very ironic.

Scuzzy; I feel like dying whenever Ace visits the forum.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Fine. Then bury the cat there.  "Puss in Boots."  Works for me.

You know, your boots smell like I'm dying whenever you wear them here.

I do like that epigram, though.  Although you wonder why it took 4 shots.  I like the one from the guy facing the firing squad who said "Take a step closer, lads.  It'll be easier."

You know, my wife's aunt owned a bunch of cats.  Housefull.  One of those "crazy cat ladies"....  Wound up dying, in the house.  Wound up being eaten by them, to a significant degree, per her dad, who was one of those who found her.  So I guess why I'm a little suspicious of any altruistic tendencies of cats, amongst the near-dead.

Dog would go get help... 

Ace; that is so weird that there's a graveyard in Tombstone...  I wonder if they realize that.
Ring bells for service.