• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Program Is Being Read From Backside of Disc

Started by Whizbang, August 05, 2007, 13:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

No, I did not visit Ace last night and get any of his elixirs.  I just burned a USB driver CD from the retail version because my KDS filing system cannot identify the disc due to the shiny logo on the front.  When I turned the disk over to burn a Lightscribe label, the computer began loading the installation program.  I immediately stopped the disc and was going to turn it over only to find that it was over.  HUH    ???  I looked again---and again---and again.  There was no other disc in the other drive either.  I am going to put the burned disc back into the drive and check both sides again.  I would imagine that the Lightscribe burn will corrupt the attempt to read through the disc.  What bothers me is that it was reading through the disc backwards.  Man, am I going to get razzed for this poast.  I am guessing here that the different tint of the lightscribe CD may have tricked the burner into "thinking" it is a dual-sided DVD.  That still would be a stretch because dual-layer burning is done in two intensity levels from the same side.

(Edit):I just finished the label burn and the disc reads twice--->at the same time.  This is super weird.  I have two installation screens come up. 

(Later):  I rebooted and then put the burned CD into the NEC drive and found no attempt to read from backside.  The Samsung did try to read the disc from the wrong side and even displayed the My Disc logo but then stopped.  The whole scenario still has my head spinning.   Maybe I do need one of Ace's elixirs after all.  :P