• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

FREE Graph Paper Program

Started by Whizbang, January 11, 2005, 18:25 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I had downloaded this several years, but did not need it.  Now I do because I am having to draw a grid of the top of my house so I can get steel roofing for it.  If you think you might have any need for it (the program, not my house)  ::) you better get it now.  The author's site is the only one that has it for free anymore.

Graph Paper

I just tried it and it is very good.

Igloo

Quote from: Whizbang on January 11, 2005, 18:25 hrs
(the program, not my house)  ::)

i was about to shout for joy at a free house :p
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Whizbang

Quote from: Igloo on January 12, 2005, 10:20 hrs
Quote from: Whizbang on January 11, 2005, 18:25 hrs
(the program, not my house)  ::)

i was about to shout for joy at a free house :p
It would not have been a bargain.  That is why I am having to fix the roof.   :P

Igloo

;D lol, i downloaded that program, now no more expensive graph paper for me ;D
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

iansl

Grrovy. I'll definately pass it on. Nice when a functions\statistics\trig and geometry teacher (actually teachers) are around.
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Whizbang

OK, I just dug this poast out of the dust along with the warning emblazoned across the screen that the mold contained in this discarded piece of refuse had exceeded the politically correct 90 days expiration date.  Not to be deterred, I decided to poast again.  I am designing roof trusses for a new storage building out back so my wife will have a place to store me when NASCAR season rolls around again.  The adaptability of this program makes structural design much easier for someone who no longer has his mechanical drawing equipment, since I can print a template that is sub-divided into 1/12 spaces for inches with three different colors available for the true aficionado.   I probably will not keep you poasted on the progress of this endeavor since I doubt that anyone has remained awake long enough to read all of this.   ::)

scuzzy

Well, you got me interested. I don't have anything that I need to design at the moment, but I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Scuzzy; maybe I can design an Ace Defrapilator Gun
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Whizbang

Here is the sketch I drew on Axonometric 30Ã?º axis.  I had to convert from .emf format to bitmap, rotate the page 90Ã?º, patch it by copy and paste, convert to JPG format, and then reduce size.  The irregularly spaced black lines do not appear on the original saved bitmap, but the size reduction and conversion to JPG in order to display it caused the undetectable patching effort on the original bitmap to re-emerge.  The sketch took about 10 minutes and is about all I need to get started on material purchasing.  I will add the framing details before I start construction.  Simple 2 x 4 frame at 24" center with treated baseplate and dual 2 x 4 top plate before covering with 1/2" waferboard, and then PVC siding and steel roofing to match the house.