• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

CD Underbuff problem

Started by cowofsteel, January 20, 2003, 14:44 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

cowofsteel

Recently well trying to burn cds i keep getting an under buff problem.  I have tried to closing all the programs with ctrl alt delete and turing off antivirus and every thing else but it still happens to every cd.  it happens at the same spot on every cd i try.  like it happens on track 2 on one cd and track 5 on another its really werid.  anybody know anything? ???
Athlon XP 2000+ / ABIT KR7A-133 / Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4200 / Audgey Gamer / 80 gig Western Digital / smart&silent Volcano 9 Heatsink

pat

What brand of CDR/RW are you using? Are you copying from one optical drive to another? If so, try copying the files to your hard drive first then to your burner.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

dcsun

It could be that there's a read error on the source disc (if I read that correctly and you're copying from disc to disc).  You may try having the image copied to the hard drive first and see if that makes any difference.  Also make sure the blank media is rated for the speed you're burning at.

query

It's also possible the source CD is copy protected - what disc are you trying to copy?

Quandry

Hi,

This problem occured with my old burner as well. I use to have to lower the write speed from 8X to 4X and then burn it again and it worked fine.

If you are able try slowing down your write speed and saving your information to a temp directory first before transferring to your target recordable CD.

Good luck,

Chris

astral_viper

Hmmm...

Sounds like the ram is suffering here, if you've had problems with a previous burner. I suspected it may have been your writer memory buffer, but logic suggests otherwise.

Do you run any other applications whilst burning? If so; *stop* it! Your writer needs all the free memory and idle HDD time it can get when doing this.

... just a suggestion.

dcsun

Quote from: astral_viper on January 20, 2003, 17:27 hrsHmmm...

Sounds like the ram is suffering here, if you've had problems with a previous burner. I suspected it may have been your writer memory buffer, but logic suggests otherwise.

Do you run any other applications whilst burning? If so; *stop* it! Your writer needs all the free memory and idle HDD time it can get when doing this.

... just a suggestion.

Also note that this was two different users ;).  The second was just stating that his previous burner also had this problem.  It is quite a common one for older burners running on slower systems.

cowofsteel

well its a new optorite 48x burn speed writer and im just trying to put some mp3 from my harddrive to the cd.  I have burned cds just like this before on this computer with this burner but ill have to try slowing down the burning speed.

I slowed down the burn speed from 48x to 12x and it still stoped at the same song it always does on this complitation.  

and im using memorex cd-r's, never had a problem with them before
Athlon XP 2000+ / ABIT KR7A-133 / Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4200 / Audgey Gamer / 80 gig Western Digital / smart&silent Volcano 9 Heatsink

Quandry

This may not matter but just so we are all aware which Burning software are you using?

Chris

Bubba

Here is a problem I had with my cd burning,
I use Roxio EZ Creator 5 Platinum, I have had great results with it, with data and mp3 burning.

Once in a while, I have a weird thing happen, if I play a particular mp3 song on the pc, it plays fine, no blips or snaps, and plays the entire song. BUT !!! When I tried to burn it, along with several others, it always stopped at this particular song !  This had me baffled, then while loading songs, I  hit the "Preview" tab in EZ CD Creator, for each song as I loaded it, all played fine, until I got to this particular song, it would not play using the EZ CD preview button, so,,, in turn,,, it would not burn correctly, even though it played fine from my mp3 file using the media player, but it would not play using the burning software player,,, and since all the other songs played fine no matter what player I used, I just figured there was "some" kind of protection built in, to prevent dubbing. I still have the song in my mp3 files, here is even an odder thing, it is the REM song "EveryBody Hurts", but it is a remix with voice overs about the WTC disaster, not a song one would think would be protected,,,,,,,,,,, I think I did burn the original REM song, but I can not burn this WTC version with EZ CD,,,,,,,

Like I said,,, weird.................

So, now, whenever I am making a new music cd, I always "test" the songs as I add them, with the EZ CD preview player, before hitting  "record"
Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

cowofsteel

Im using Nero because it came with the burner but i have cd creator 5 too.  i always do the first ten secounds of the songs i burn and they all worked

Bubba

Well, can't help ya', I do not know Nero, only tried it once,I did also notice that standard EZ CD software has limitations. EZ CD 5, can not do what EZ CD 5 Platinum can do, I would assume the same is true with Nero, or any "free" burning software that comes with burners. But that may nothing to do with your problem.
Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

pat

The only limitation i have seen for Nero is that the bundled version will only work with the writer it came with.
When I put in my new drive I thought I could just leave the old install of Nero on since I had already updated it to the latest version. Nope wouldn't work. I had to uninstall that version of Nero and install the version of Nero that came with the new drive and then update it.

Have you checked the Nero/Ahead site for updates?
http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#root
They update their software on a fairly regular basis.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

cowofsteel

im downloading an update now.
i had the ez cd platium verison but it wouldn't let me put .mp3 files on the cd, only .wav.

cowofsteel

the update didn't help same problem occurs

Bubba

Did you get  file:

ecdc_v5.3.2.34_plt_enu.exe

from the roxio web sight ?

cowofsteel

no i have'nt downloaded a patch for EZ CD