• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by scuzzy, December 15, 2000, 17:54 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I'm sorry to hear of your heartaches. We are not associated with Quantex nor Fountain, but we are a free resource and we do our best to help everyone regardless of what computer they own.

First about Quantex, you may want to go to our forum's main page, here: http://www.poasters.com/forum/, then click on the Quantex HELP! link. This will bring you up to date on Quantex.

On your particular problem, the more details you provide us, the better the odds of being able to help you. We need to know what computer model you have (be very specific), cpu speed, operating system, etc. You mentioned a DVD, so we also need to know the make and model of the DVD. Remember, the more specific you are, the better we can help.

Lastly, once you poast the specifics, check back periodically over the next few days. Since we all volunteer our free time here, there isn't always someone immediately available to help resolve your problem. However, there is a good probability that you can get your issue resolved with our help.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0> (The real Scuzzy)
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

John

The first thing we need is your computer's model# such as TS30i or NS30W or what ever it is. Also tell us what kind of mouse you are trying to use by make and model. Then on your computer, go to Start, settings, then control panel. Then find the the icon which looks like a small computer that says System. Double click it with the left mouse pad button and this will bring up the System properties. Then go to the tab marked Device Manager and click it once with the left mouse button or left scroll pad button. Go down to the pluse (+) sign next to CDROM and put your pointer on the plus and click once with the left mouse pad button. This should bring up the name of the DVD device. Such as Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2202 or whatever yours is. Also tell us the operating system and what version. Your CPU and speed. Also while you are in Device Manager look for any yellow or red marks you see and let us know. Also go down to Mouse and place your pointer on the plus (+) and click once with the left mouse pad button and let us know what that says also.  That should start us off ok.  Good luck, John

Cogito Ergo Sum

portablecomputer.com

Dear ikhanton,

If you have a TS30i, 30W, or N30w then click here for the DVD Player. Once you install this is should work without a problem. Thank you.

http://206.54.49.83/products/mb751/mb751ftp.htm

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

================================

Ikhanton

What in the world is happening, I have been trying to contact Quantex to straighten out some warranty problems I am having. And I now find out, by mere accident they go belly up, well kiss my hiney. So, am I to understand that this forum has the ability, in some way, to help me with this $3.5K paperweight? THis is so disheartening. My problem is my plug, ps/2 I think, mouse does not work. The finger slide thing mousepad on in the laptop works. Also, where do I find drivers for this dvd, there are times when it decides not to work. I better stop now, I am just getting more angrier by the moment thinking of this new news.