• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Show us your Desk

Started by wonderings, October 26, 2004, 21:44 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Most amazing young Skywalker.

Your desk is a bit unusual but now we know why you only have one monitor.

Is that a miniature bust of the Jester hanging from the shutter knob, sans jingle bell hat?  That image would qualify for a scampi and ice cream dream!

Are you left-handed?  
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Sometimes even one monitor is too much, you know?  And nah, I'm not left handed.  I'm not bad with using both hands, so I guess I'm pretty amphibious.  I can bat left handed, and fake a left handed golf swing ok.  I have a distinct picking hand and a fretting hand; I guess it'd be the fretting hand that worries more.

I don't have any Jesters around me or their craven images.  I mean, in real life, I have no affinity for the world here.  It's just a place I go to not be myself.  There's a little flattened pig figurine under the monitor, and a little angel pig on top.  Oh, and the box of Puffs.  And the calculator.  I did replace the Heineken soon after.  

Ace; those faux Scandinavians make an ok desk.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

When did someone start packaging Magic Dragons?

"..flattened pig under the monitor"  You mean the monitor crushed it?  Don't let PETA hear about that. Next thing you know they'll be protesting outside your house.

I asked only because of the position of your monitor in relation to the keyboard.  
Amphibious indeed.  Can't you pick with both hands?  I mean, the face doesn't move- does it?  

Worrying hands?  And the next thing you know, you'll be wantin' us to call you Oral.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Wizards may not Jest, but Jesters sure do wiz...  I mean that in a "acting wizardly" way.

I do.

Although, I'm kinda surprised about the big to-do about a reptile dysfunction...  I mean, I hear that all the time.  Geez Louise, if your lizard or frog, or snake even, isn't working right maybe you should consider a different pet, you know?  I know I would.

That's the coolest depiction of someone playing "Patty Cake" I've ever seen.  Nice graphic.

Ace; I guess you'd have to call me "Written" more than "Oral."  Better than "Oprah", that's for sure.
Ring bells for service.

trav

muwwhahahaha.....

....im just excited about my compy upgrades!

hhmm, So Aceisntleft handed hey? Well i got news for you, buddy! Why is your monitor on the left? HUH?!

Criminy; mabye i should just leave jesturing to Ace, but gesturing, to me.
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Ace

Ok; look at the table again.  It goes up, from left to right.  Hence, if the monitor moved to the right (down) and the keyboard or mouse left (up) I'd need a booster seat or stand up, to look down at the monitor.  I mean, why not just put the thing on the floor and the Monarch on the shelf.  Then I could stand on my head and use my feet to move the cursor...

Criminy.  I'm glad you aren't my interior decorator.  "Well, sure, you could put the door knob on the other side but I like it on the same side as the hinges... that saves space."

"Why not sit on the table, and put your plate on the chair...?"

"Here, you sit in the back.  I'll let you drive."

"Hey, how come my TV doesn't fit in the little slot under the big shelf where my DVD player is..?"

"Yeah, I like to turn my toaster upside down on the counter."

"How come they don't put the peephole in the bottom of the door..?"

Ace; gee, if I put the wrist pad under my feet it makes my toes feel funny.  Oh, and I can wear my mouse pad on my head, like a beret...
Ring bells for service.

Bill

The pad would cut down on the reflection from the shiny spot.
Then maybe you wouldn't have problems with your camera.

Crikey

Ace

Maybe.  Not a bad idea.  I'll see if I can snap a photo and photoblog it back here.  

I'm still trying to make my toilet look like a hurricane.  I tried shaving cream, which worked ok... for awhile.  

Ace;
Ring bells for service.

pat

Well john, that's amazing.  :)
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Bill

What mess? It looks like a work in progress.

wonderings

My desk used to look like that john. I cannot work like that now, everything has to be so neat and tidy. Maybe its a Mac thing! But anyways, my picture at the beginning of the thread is how my desk pretty  much always looks like, nice and clean.
15 inch PowerBook 1.5 ghz G4 2 gig ram DVD-RW 80 gig HD  
Dual 1.8ghz G5,  8X DVD-RW, 2 gig ddr ram, 160 x 2 gig HD
Dual 2ghz G5 DVD-RW, 2gig ddr ram, 250 x 2 gig HD
Lacie F.A. Porshce 160 external FW HD
1 BenQ 15 inch LCD VGA
1, 17 inch Samsung 172x LCD displays DVI
1, 30 inch Apple HD Cinema

Buffalo2102

Hey John, that's a hell of a case fan!  (bottom left of test & repair pic).
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

Ace

Yo, JA; I found the tuna sandwich from last week.  It's over near the printer, under the stack of papers...

You oughta put the keyboard on your keyboard; that could sound cool.  I had a heck of a time accessing those; I tried "Axcess" and "Axis" and "Axes"...  that wasn't easy.

Ace; I gotta find some stuff to throw on my desk and try another photo. And don't call me "Shirley."
Ring bells for service.

Ace

As long as you can poast bail, you can hang here.  Or wait for the appeal.  Me, I don't have any appeal...

I've heard of mounting fish, so I guess that'd be alright.  You wouldn't need the Glade "seaside" air freshener, then.  

Ace; if we could find a drummer, and bassist, we could jam... Or peanut butter, if it's a pizza.
Ring bells for service.

Ace

Oh, don't change spelling on my account.  I seldom spell anything the same way twice.

Heck, I probably don't even spell "twice" the same way twice.  Well, just now I did, but not usually.

Ace; I hope we've got a lot of bandwidth today, since I ate a big breakfast.
Ring bells for service.