• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ACE IS PROVEN SMART IN POASTER'S TEST

Started by Ace, January 25, 2004, 10:18 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

trav

Quote from: Ace on January 25, 2004, 10:18 hrs

*Young Poasters will be able to crack the Community Standards Code of the chatroom by surreptitiously sneaking in photos of hot babes on their desktops under the guise of "Here Are Some Shots Of My New Computer"

*Even though it was just a cartoon, and an Anime at that, she still haunts Ace.  Mostly because she had no discernable mouth.  
[/i]

And then they ask you, Ace, if you want the picture ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Ace

Really.  I've seen enough.  But nice way to change the subject from JimS trying to stay on topic.  Nobody needs that.

Ace; I thought this was about pizza.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

Quote from: Ace on February 14, 2004, 10:05 hrs
Ace; I thought this was about pizza.

So, if it is about pizza, what kind of pizza do you prefer? I like Papa John's pizza with pepperoni, banana peppers, onions and mushrooms. :P

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Neon

HEY! If you're going to start discussing pizza, take it to the Pizza Poast. Stupid Papa John's left my town. Now I have to build my own pizzas. Well, Boboli pizzas. I wish NewEgg offered pizzas.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

scuzzy

Sounds like the makings for a new forum. "Build Your Own Pizza", or "Pizza Builds."
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

trav

Does Neon have a glowing-neon-colored-computer-case? We allreadyt know he has a neon ouse (see about 2 years ago)

???
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

scuzzy

I didn't realize Neon has (had?) a neon ouse. What the heck is an ouse anyway? Is it an animal that glows in the dark?

Scuzzy; Ace was glowing in the dark after he ate the last pizza I sent him. That was really funny.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Yes I was.  What of it.  I was growing in the dark.  Shoot, I seem to be growing 24/7.  Nice of you to mention it.  Why don'tcha go bury an appliance in your graveyard.  Backyard.  

As for the "ouse", let me handle that as the English Major.

"ouse" is what Brits call a house.  I knew Chandler is British, and somebody here is Irish, but didn't realize Travis was foreign.  I thought he was Canadian.

"A ouse is not a ome."

Oyce;  Oi Should Loik To Make A Pizza of Moi Own.  The one Mark ordered sounds ok, though.  I thought this poast was about Scuzzy's new house. Ouse.
Ring bells for service.

JimS

Okay, enough digression here.  Actually, digression here is good, because it keeps this poast alive and at the top of the board.  But let's get back to the subject line (despite Ace's best attempts to bury it).
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Ace

Well, okay, if you insist.  I am happy to have been proven SMART, as noted, in the chatroom test.  I didn't want to "Crow" about it, like that nameless thing on Mark's signature, or put on "airs" but I guess if you insist I can make time and room for the honor...

Ace; Okay, enough digestion here.
Ring bells for service.

JimS

Time to move this back to the top of the board...
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Ace

No it's not.

Ace; geez, this thing needs to die as quick as pandas do.
Ring bells for service.

pat

I don't get it.
Are you saying Pandas die quickly or you would like to see them all die as quickly as possible.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

LOOK DANGIT WOULD EVERYONE JUST GET OUT OF THE DANG POAST ALREADY CRIMINY AND LET IT DIE LIKE A PANDA WOULD DIE IF A PANDA COULD DIE WOULD.  DIE.  DANGIT ALREADY.  GEEZ ST. LOUIS.

It's a stupid poast about how smart or not I am or however the heck it started and it deserves to die a quick and obviously protracted lingering death sometime this year if not today.  Yesterday would've been about right.

Ace; I hate the ones about what I am or supposedly am.  I know what I am; what are you, you know?
Ring bells for service.

44mayg

JimS

Pandas?  Okay, we'll talk about pandas.

I saw some pandas in 10/2003 in a zoo in Washington DC that I believe is run by the Smithsonian (National Zoo?).  Other than being a little grimey (after all, they're lying on dirt all day long), I saw nothing offensive about them.  It was neat seeing something so rare.  My kids liked the elephants best, though.

44mayg, is that a picture of pandas at night?  I took that same picture, but yours came out better.
- Stephen Grellet

44mayg

Naaaahh.

Just thought I'd try to use it to show the lights have been turned out.

This is a different picture than the one of my Chevelle at night :-)

Igloo

i thought it was a picture of the space inside ace's head.... empty.... but ah well...
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

You save space in there when you don't use capital letters.

Ace; ah, well.
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

whats the point in apital letters, using capital letters, is often taking as shoutin, like this

ACE, YOU HAVE NO BRIANS, AND HAVE AN EMPTY BLACK HOLE IN YOUR HEAD

you see?
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Mark H

Quote from: Igloo on March 21, 2004, 07:34 hrs
ACE, YOU HAVE NO BRIANS, AND HAVE AN EMPTY BLACK HOLE IN YOUR HEAD

Now that we have established that Ace has no Brians, what about him having Brains?

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Ace

Iggy, I don't want Brians in my head.  I'm not even sure anyone here is named Brian.  

Oh, and I'd recommend Athlon as a brand, over "Athanlon."  

Ace; No "apital" letters here.  Some people just shouldn't even attempt insults, as they wind up worse for wear.
Ring bells for service.

trav

Nope. Haven't seen a Brian here anywhere. I dont use apitals though, Mark does, Mark Handy....

Igloo

ok, well, i type too fast, and being dyslexic doesnt help :P

but anyway, Ace: whats the make of you chip then??
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

pat

That's chimp, not chip.
What make of chimp are you?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Ok; this has become the "let's get rude yet stupid poast" but I'll play along, even if double teamed.  If you two find 2 other guys....

Let's follow the evolutionary chain:

Pat has alluded to Ace being a "chimp."  If I would be there, on the chain of events, then Pat must be a:

1. Platypus
2. Penguin
3. Panda
4. Woodpecker

Ace; pick away
Ring bells for service.

pat

Well I ain?t no Monotreme and those stupid Pandas are carnivores that eat leaves, small wonder they?re endangered. They sent a female back to China recently for breeding and they had to show it videos so it would know how. Evolutionary dead end there mate.

My goodness all I have left here is a woodpecker or a penguin to pick from.
I?ll take penguin, thank you.

Ace

You've got it.  

Ace; Penguin Pat.. diving for alewives in the great lake. I'd rather be Lance Link, Secret Chimp.
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

can i have the wood pecker??? dude, u go on Ace's team, and Ace try n persuade Mark H and u'll have a nice team!!

can i be a woodpecker???
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Ace

Yes; that'd be fine.  Igloo can be the woodpecker.  We can call you "Pinocchio."  

We can all count to a million to give time for Dude to figure that one out.  He'll get it; it'll just take awhile.

I'm not about to try to persuade Mark about anything; I'm not gonna fall for that.

Ace: Penquin Pat can go to Penguin Point in Elkhart and order a big paper trough of greasy fries.  
Ring bells for service.