• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Where is Carol

Started by John, October 16, 2002, 16:47 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Anybody heard where Carol went off to. Haven't heard anything from her in a while.
Cogito Ergo Sum

scuzzy

I've noticed that Carol infrequently checks in, but hasn't been poasting. My guess is that she's busy with life.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Joanie

Hi Everybody,

I should have poasted for Carol. She is running in all directions. Her Mom fell and that made her life even more hectic and she is now doing chores for both Mom and Dad.

I am hoping as we all are that her life will soon be easier.

We all miss you Carol and wish you well as you continue doing your wonderful deeds.

Joanie

Ace

Yes; I miss Carol too and her deeds.  and Joanie; where's she???

And Neon and Pat and Scuzzy and Poastal and Keith happy birthday and John and Pete and Bubba and DC and all those poasters with funny fictitious names like "ACE" and all.

Ace; yeah; where's he?
Ring bells for service.

Bubba

Everyone seems to "disappear" from time to time, perhaps we have our own little "alien abduction" ring happening here.  Everyone except me, for some reason those from a higher universe are not interested in me, wonder why ? Could be they think I am one of them working undercover.
Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

Carol

Hi All,

I haven't deserted, and it's nice to be missed.  Been trying to check in, at least the Poast office.  My brain is to tired to read the computer stuff.

Have tons going on in my life right now, and to top it off, as Joanie said, my mom fell and broke her hip about two and a half weeks ago.  She went from the hospital to rehab, and I spend about 4 hours a day there, and also help my dad out.  So with all my other duties added to that, not much time at the moment to visit or poast.  Miss everyone here, and hopefully things will settle down soon.  I'm looking forward to "catching up".

Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

dcsun

At least you won't be bored for quite a while!  Hope things get back to normal soon. :)

Dave

Joanie

Hi Dave,

My intuition tells me Carol would love to be bored,  if only for a little while.

Joanie

Carol

Yes, bored, I would love that, if only for a few minutes!  And a normal day--gee, I've forgotten what that is.  And a little sleep would be nice too.
Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Eric M.

Sleep? Hmm... sleep...... what's sleep? ???

;) :P
Asus Crosshair
AMD FX-62
2GB Corsair XMS2
eVGA 8800 GTX
X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro
150GB Raptor X, 2x 250 GB WD, 2x 500 GB WD HDDs
Vista Ultimate 64bit

Joanie

You know what sleep is Jedi, you close your eyes and watch the sheep jumping over the fence and then you turn over to the other side of the bed and do a retake on the sheep.

When you've done that all night you assume  somewhere in-between turnovers you have been asleep.

Joanie

Ace

Well, if you're having Turnovers at night no wonder you can't sleep.  Geez Louise, those are like lead in your stomach.

Neon has Pasties or something from Canada, I think.  Popped Tarts.  Something he picked up, somewhere.

Sounds intriguing, regardless.

Some kids eat paste... I suppose they grow up, go right for the duct tape.  That'd be an all day sucker. Sticker.  Wherever.

Ace; I'm glad I'm in charge to count sheep jumping and dip.  I saw a herd of buffalo in Ohio today; I woulda counted, but there's no way I wanted to fall asleep doing 70 on the toll road.  

Ring bells for service.

Bubba

Ohio,,,,, Ohio,,,,,,,, ????? See,,, you should have come to Illinois instead,,, Prophetstown, Illinois to be precise,,, the Jaycees had our annual Farm Toy Show at the High School,,, little toys in the gym, big toys outside, now that "rocks".

Next Saturday, we are having a benefit Hog Roast for a member who got banged up on his HD scooter. We have the Three-"B"s there,,,,,,,,,, BEER, Bonfire, and a band. So come this way.  All poasters drink FREE,,,,,,,,,, just say you know me,,,,,

Ohio ?????????  Why ?
Like Grandpa used to say, "maybe there ain't nothin' wrong, but, somethin' aint' right."

dcsun

Sounds like fun, but Illinois is a little far for me.  It was a 16 hour drive to Charlotte in May.  I'm certainly going to try and fly there next time!  Awesome Bill had a pretty rough day at Martinsville, didn't he.  I was hoping JB would finally get a win, but second is still pretty good.

Ace

If you're having beer, and then the bonfire, then I can guess how you'll put out the bonfire.

I can't answer why to Ohio, either.  Still too fresh in my memory.  I tried to say I knew Bubba at the Maryland Renaissance festival Saturday, but then discovered they have this stockade set up in a dungeon and..

I finally got out long enough to down a few black and tans, and run into buxom women in period garb.  A lot of medieval weaponry, jousting, jesting and jocularity.  And really gross portapots.  Thank goodness the guys could just use the open-air trough.  

I don't think I woulda liked living back then.  No power toys, either.  
Ring bells for service.

Joanie

Hey Jester,

When you think of bonfires try thinking of marshmallows, warm jackets and one very bright moon and lots of tall trees.

Now that is a womans take on a fun time.

JRah

Carol

Yes, Joanie, I have to agree with you completely.  Sounds like a fun time to me.
Carol

Ace

I suppose, if you're a woman.  Well, you are.  Both of you, apparently.  I'm not, so I shall revert to a "man's view of bonfires of vanity."

I prefer the fire to be on the end of a cigar, with medium trees and a cold Jagermeister blurring the brush to the color of elk's blood.  Not that I've ever seen an elk bleed, mind you.  I haven't even hunted for fish for years, and never for any land mammals.

I haven't toasted a marshmallow in years.  With a gas grill it doesn't have the charm of charcoal.  I've toasted a few people, and English Muffins, but not any marshmallows.  Actually, I'm not a marshmallow fan.  I detest 'smores, and stuff of that ilk.  

There is a very bright moon here tonight, but I'm not doing the jacket thing, being inside.

I could try to poast a marshmallow...  I wonder if originally they were grown in marshes.  Hmm.

Ace; I'm not a "man's man."  That just sounds weird, to me.  It's a guy thing.
Ring bells for service.