• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Powerquest DriveImage

Started by dickwol, January 24, 2003, 13:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

dickwol

Some advice please?
I've just installed DriveImage 2002 onto my Quantex 500mhz  desktop computer. When I attempt to back up my c:drive the program causes the system to reboot (I imagine the actual backup is done under DOS although the interface is Windows based) giving me an error that EZdrive (overlay program?) is detected although not running. I queried the support folks at PowerQuest who think that EZ drive is the culpirt but could offer no real solution except to possibly remove ezdrive. The drive is 10g and I really am not sure if removing ezdrive would solve or create more problems.  I'm not sure how to remove it anyways) When Quantex built this PC I would have thought that the Bios chosen would support 10g and not need an overlay program. I had installed a second 20g drive a year ago on this system and do not remember installing ezdrive or any other overlay program.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? If I were to try Norton Ghost to do the backup would I also have this problem (if it does it in DOS, it may) or would it not care. Hate to purchase the product if it will not work. Any ideas?
Thanks,     Dick