• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

BTC Protecting Itself

Started by Whizbang, November 21, 2003, 21:11 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I was scanning some posts on another forum (little help and probably will not go back) when I noticed a reply from a BTC (Behavior Tech Computer) representative about the bad rap their RW-DVD unit was getting on a forum post.  It seems that the problem was a firmware situation and not hardware.  Apparently, BTC it is very protective of its reputation and wants anyone who has trouble with its products to call a tech line to get help.  I had never heard of any company scanning the forums in such a way to protect its reputation.  If only the email responses from companies showed this amount of concern.

Neon

Yeah, I have heard of companies monitoring online resources. It is mainly marketing types, trying to gauge what sort of "Buzz" is out there.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition