• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Nested IF - AND - OR - NOT Excel Statements

Started by JimS, July 16, 2009, 15:31 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

JimS

Hi, everyone.

I'm going nuts - Iââ?¬â?¢m stuck on the syntax for this.  I hope my description is clear.

I have numerical data in column F, calculated data (numerical) in column G and this formula goes into column H.  The results displayed from this formula are either Yes or No.  The conditions are as follows:

1)  Which is larger, the data in G or 0.15?  The result is the larger value, but this result is not displayed; it is used for #2.

2)  Which is larger, the data in F or the ââ?¬Å?larger valueââ?¬Â that was determined in #1?  The displayed result will be either Yes (if larger) or No (if not).

Thanks - I'd greatly appreciate any help.
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Chandler

JimS

Thanks for fast response, Chandler.  It didn't work though.  If I have 0.08 in F2 and 0.07 in G2, the result should be "No", because F2 is less than 0.15.  However, I just tried this, and it seems to work:
=IF(AND(F2>0.15,F2>G2),("Yes"),("No"))

How does this look to you?  I need to check it to make sure it's working in all scenarios.  I also need to read up on the MAX argument; I've never used it.

Thanks again.
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

JimS

Chandler, I stand (actually, I'm sitting) corrected...

The only thing wrong with your formula was the order of the "Yes" and "No".  Switch 'em around and much happiness and joy return.  I stared at this dang dang thing for so long I thing I was cross-eyed a few times over.

Thanks again.
- Stephen Grellet

Mark H

Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.