• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Eternal Pizza Poast

Started by Karen, March 11, 2002, 14:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanie

Good Advice Ace,

I too would like to remind all those little ones who think a drink is cool to take a good look at Ace and his missing or dead brain cells. Just think, this too could happen to you. And while your studying Ace you might also take a look at my absent minded behavior and know that didn't happen by drinking lemonade.

Joanie

http://www.poasters.com/images/rahrahsm.gif  " border=0>

n/a

I too would like to hold Ace up as an example of the perils of underage drinking, but I can't lift him. No one tells kids those destroyed cells end up settling lower down on the frame, do they.

As for my March madness, we're down to one team of each sex, but both are dang good teams. I'm hoping it will be April before my wife can launder my lucky OU tee shirt -- not that I'm superstitious or anything. And no, I don't wear it every day, just during the games.

OK is turning into a hoops mecca, I'm telling you. You probably missed it, but two men's teams from OK played in the NAIA (small college) finals this week, plus the OKC women won their fourth straight NAIA championship. Any of the three probably would have given Purdue's teams a pretty good game this year. Seriously.

Nothing better than a halftime pizza, just to stay on topic.

You may scoff, but there's not only a North and South OK, there's an East and West too, not to mention a Central, a NorthWest, a SouthEast, etc. And they're all a bunch different, really. It gets a little confusing unless you live here and can see the geography up close. We live at the northwest edge of SouthEast OK, which isn't too far from the southeast edge of Central OK, theoretically, but in reality it's a whole nuther place. Even the pizza is different. Take my word for it.

http://www.poasters.com/images/bear.gif" border=0>

Ace

Well, I'd stand up for Bear and Joanie but it's hard enough keyboarding while sitting.  I'd take Bear's word, for it. When can I come get it?

I've done my own hard lemonade, if it's summer and we have rum. Hard enough to chip a tooth, sometimes. Although I don't normally do hard liquor, preferring it in liquid form. I had a Long Island Iced Tea at Friday's last night (I won't call it "T.G.I. Friday's" as I think that's a bit precious and way too stupidly long). It was weak, and costly. Not a good combination, although a safe one if you drink and drive as it won't affect you and you'll be too broke to buy very many.

In Indiana, there are only a couple subdistricts.  Anything south of U.S. 30 is Alabama.  In the north the borders dissapear and we become Michiana, a mystical land of no particular meaning or reference except to the TV stations as they can glom news from across state lines and lake effect snow.

The south corner is a Kentuckiana/Indicky area of further blurring and cross state insults, just as we up here insult Michiganders. Mostly because insulting Hoosiers would be too easy.

The Ohio line is easily crossable, as there are roads. I only go into Illinois for Chicago, and that traverses the Iron City Zone of rusted buildings and rusty air of a rusty hue as one passes by the spectacle and fumes of Gary and Hammond beans.  Not exactly "spring time fresh", if you get my drift.

In my locale, we are only here to serve The University of Our Lady of the Lake. Just ask them.  The students are revolting (typically) now because hard liquor is being banned from their dorms, and restrictions are being placed on them staging tailgate parties.

I suppose ND students are well enough off financially to be able to rent an Airstream or Winnebago, to have a party in the lot.  Shoot, at Purdue we had to sneak booze in.  We knew it was wrong.

As to Bear's claim that any number of Oklahoma teams could take Purdue(s): well, duh.

Hope the coach's dad's ok.  I'd hate to have brain surgery; who knows what they'd find. Although they say the brain itself doesn't feel anything.

Normally, that's the point of my drinking. And look, everybody drinks. Shoot, you'd be really dehydrated if you didn't. And I gotta figure nobody smokes. At least, not intentionally.

ace; he sees things others do, and says "Where's my other sock...?"
http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/jesterblk.gif" border=0>

Ring bells for service.

K. Roberts

I like Coke with my pizza, but.

Thought for the week: Do I drink water, or do I drink Coke ?

WATER:

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.   (Likely  applies to

half the world population)

1.. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is

often  mistaken for hunger.

2.. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as

3%.

3.. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for

almost  100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

4.. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

5.. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day

could  significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of

sufferers.

6.. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term

memory,   trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the

computer screen  or on a printed page.

7.. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon

cancer   by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and

one is 50%  less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?

COKE:

1.. In many states in the USA the highway patrol carries two gallons

of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car

accident.

2.. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone

in two days.

3.. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl

and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric

acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4.. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with

a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5.. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of

Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6.. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to

the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7.. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking

pan,wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the

ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the

Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8.. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load

of  greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The

Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze

from your windshield.

For Your Info

1.. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8.

It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.  [Phosphoric acid also leaches

calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in

osteoporosis.]

2.. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck

must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly

corrosive materials. The distributors of Coke have been using it to

clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or Coke?

Keith
Keith

Andreas

That's it, Ace. You can use Coke in place of B-B-Q sauce to not only cover the taste, but obliterate any residue. Interesting...but then again, when are poasts from y'all not!

Ace

Ok, okay. You're right. You've convinced me.

Sure, on a pizza to cover up the stinking slimy smelly fish-whose-stench-would-not-die anchovy remains I'd go with Coke.

Otherwise, I'll have a Pepsi.  You're right.

Well, or a beer. Or even wine. It's already been proven to have many healthful benefits. It's my understanding that if a little is good then a lot must be really good.

Ace; we have frozen water covering the ground outside, and I do not think that constitutes "watering the yard" or "spring flowers."  That, too, stinks.

Ring bells for service.

Neon

In the old days before all the California-nouveau-cuisine-put-tofu-and-pineapple-on-your-pizza, if you wanted pizza from a real Italian eatery in New York, you could get plain, or sausage, or anchovy toppings. That was about it. Yes, pepperoni came later.

At Ace's suggestion, I decided to order an anchovy pizza last weekend. Let me tell you, it was tasty. The topping was flaky and succulent, the thin crust was just the right crispiness, and the acidity of the tomato sauce balanced the more alkaline anchovies quite nicely. Nothing like a pH balanced pizza, and the enjoyment was furthered by basketball wins by IU and UMd. Rah.

Number of pizzas completed last week:1

http://neon.home.texas.net/neonsm.gif" border=0>
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

Well, just try to get a Chicago style pizza in NY...

Ok; sure. Anchovy pizza is "tasty."  A fresh bass pulled from a lake is "tasty."  Gasoline is "tasty."  

The large fungus that grows on the tulip tree is apparently "tasty", from the reactions of the squirrels.  If I had to choose between it, and an anchovy, I'd go with the alien spore.

If I had to choose between an anchovy and watching IU, I'd rather chug the gasoline.  Or a squirrel.

Criminy.

Ace; and may I add: criminy.

Ring bells for service.

JimS

Pizza?  I'll take it straight up, just cheese, plenty of cheese.  And it has to be a New York pizza.  There are foods outside of New York that people call pizza, but they're not.  I had something called pizza in Kentucky once; it was good, but it wasn't pizza.  Domino's, Little Caesar's Pizza Hut, etc. also are NOT pizza.

Yes, I AM a pizza snob (coffee snob, too, but that's another thread...).

- js

"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Ace

I've tried pizza straight up, but the stupid slices just tend to fall over and make a mess if they miss the plate.  

The just cheese/plenty of cheese thing sounds ok, especially to Wallace, but I'm thinking I'd still like to have some crust and tomato sauce with it, too.

ace; I'd agree with the generally tasteless depiction of franchise pizzerias. I once got pineapple on an all-meat supposedly pizza from Dominos... I actually had to deliver the ($#@* thing back to them, to prove it was wrong.  That was the last time I dealt with them.  We've got an "East of Chicago" pizza place near us now, which actually doesn't do a particularly good Chicago style but the thin crust is tasty.

Ring bells for service.

JimS

Ace, the trick to eating pizza "straight up" is for the consumptor to be horizontal, i.e., as though you're on the couch, lying on your side, watching the tube.  After you're in this position, simply move the coffee table right up next to the couch, slide the plate (or box) with the pizza into the proximity of your mouth, and bingo, pizza straight up.

Mind you, I've never eaten pizza this way.  But I'm told that there are those that would, or do...

- js

"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Ace

Oh, that worked wonderfully.

Dangit.

I don't know; maybe it was the sequence. That's what they say about some gowns.

I tried the horizontal-hold thingy; I was doing ok, holding the hot gooey slice over the plate over the coffee table and then I remembered about having to move the coffee table over to the couch well that's all well and good but then the slice slipped and I tried to reach under it with the other hand with the plate while trying to see if I could hook my shoe under the table so's to pull it closer and I slipped off the stupid couch and cracked my head on the stupid coffee table and fell on the floor at which point the slice landed on my forehead and yes still hot so I'm like knocked senseless yet still very aware of my surroundings particularly hot cheese on my face at which point I screamed and scared the dog.

The dog down the street.  I don't own one, myself.

And, look, I'm not saying the pizza wouldn't work horizontally since, after that, I didn't want to go through with the experiment, ok?  But criminy, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't try the beer the same way.  I mean, I had no success with that, either.  Might as well own a dog if I'm going to have puddles in the living room, anyway.

Wish it would have had anchovies.  Then I wouldn't have gone near it, and the whole thing wouldn't have happened.  Sigh.  "Heuuuughh".

You know, I was just thinking.  If Cy Young had been named phonetically he woulda been Hugh Young.  Huh.

And look; everybody

LOOKOUT!! ADD TO THIS POAST!!@#! JOANIE AND CAROL ARE GOIN' AT IT AND TRYING TO BEAT THE CHAIN RECORD AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT OK? oKAY? oKIE? alright?

Ok. Good. Hey... why do I have a red triangle on my forehead..?

Oh; hold it.  That's right.  Dang.

Ring bells for service.

Joanie

Aceio, your in the Post Office awful early today. Did school let out early cuz its Easter week-end?.

Good Luck Easter Egg hunting Sunday.

Joanie

Ace

I went to the dairy case at the grocery for the egg hunt...

I made out like a bandit.

http://www.poasters.com/images/jester_ducksm.jpeg" border=0>

Ring bells for service.

Neon

What is your experience with those pizza crusts you buy in the store, and make your own pizza? Are these good tasting? I was thinking of making a special Easter pizza, with perhaps ham crosses and sliced hard-boiled eggs. Roast lamb might be an interesting topping, too, since I've never had that on pizza. What sort of toppings do ya'll recommend? Also, send in your recipes for upside-down pizza. There appears to be several here with experience making those.

Today's special pizza will have a mozzarella background with cherry tomato slices on top, arranged in the traditional IU logo. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Speaking of hungary, in Hungary the highest card (ace) in card games is called "pig" (diszno), and the pig is a popular symbol of good luck. Just thought you might appreciate that on this Easter eve.

Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

I stopped by the petting zoo to check it out.  

You know, as a teenager, I wish there would've been a heavy petting zoo... Ok, otherwise, I asked a lamb if he thought it would be "interesting" if he were served on a pizza.  He didn't think so.

Also; mentioned the good luck thing to a pig there. Also the notion of ham crosses.  He wasn't seeing the "good" part, either.  As a collector of pig statuary I do concur that pigs are both interesting, and tasteful. Tasty, too.

I got a Tombstone cheese pizza for last night, since I was dining alone. Criminy, now I know why they're named that. Bleah.

Ace; he's the other other white meat.

Ring bells for service.

Ace

I am only poasting so as to breathe life into this chain commonly known as

The Poast That Would Not Die

or

"something Neon started on the way to the store."

The other day we're all gathered for the holiday and my maroon sister in law whom a few weeks back declared that "Potatoes aren't vegetables.. they're a starch." decided to once again plunge into the netherworld of food group stupidity and state

"Tomatoes are fruit."

Apparently because they have seeds. It seemed obvious to me that a tomato is a vegetable (criminy, they're all over V8) so I looked it up and sent her the word.  Come to find out the tomato is the Only Legally Recognized Vegetable. Ha.

Yes, they fit the botanist's definition of fruit, but so would human beings. Based primarily on usage, not science, they fit the bill as a true vegetable.

I was afraid that she was right (although not much chance, the more she talks) and that would mean most pizzas have fruit on them and I would be having to swear off them all, not just the ones with anchovies.  Heck, President Reagan declared catsup (ketchup) a vegetable, and that's tomatoes, so you know he knew.

Next family get together, I'm going to hold a vote. Pretty sure we can declare my sister in law a vegetable. She fits the usage definition; appears with the main course, is bland, and resembles one.

Ace; she and her husband and daughter also wanted to argue that peanuts are "meat" since they're in that food group... Huh; maybe I'll go hunting sometime after all; go kill a legume or pod of something.

Criminy.http://www.poasters.com/images/ace.gif" border=0>

their heads are meat.

Ring bells for service.

Neon

Gee Ace, you have answered your own poast again. And I say why not? If ever there was a poast that deserved to be answered, it could be this one. OK, actually, I just say "why not?" a lot. Before the TURTLE NATION ranting begins, let me tell you about my last pizza.

No, it was not a pizza with terrapin and corn niblet toppings - that would be gauche. Or just gross. There was no lamb on it, either, on account of those lambs are just way too negative. Sheesh, practically before I finish my question, the first thing they usually say is, "naaaa". It was ham and mushroom, and went very well with the NCAA Super Ball. Uh, the championship. The big dance. The end of the Madness. The Final Two.

Some of you have surmised that I am an alumnus of both IU and UMd, so this match was of particular interest and enjoyment for me. It was strange watching the guys from the two teams I watched all season playing each other. Apparently they thought the same, because it was a rather sloppy game. The two semifinals had better action.

Lets not forget the riots. In College Park and Bloomington, fans decided to riot. This seems to be a regular occurance at UMd, it's more of a sport, really, to see how many things you can get away with setting on fire. One point for a frat house plastic address number, 500 points for a police car, and so on. http://espn.go.com/media/ncb/2002/0402/photo/a_merryfans_hi.jpg" border=0> The subdued yet happy riots in Bloomington were different. It was of a more spontaneous nature, due to the unexpected good fortune and accomplishments of this team. And lets face it, when you feel bitter about some non-calls, you just have to taste tear gas to make yourself forget.

Ace, you can argue all you want about whether potatoes are fruit or whether it's To-MAY-To or To-MAH-To or whether peanuts on pizza is a well-balanced meal. Just let it go. Certain elements will always want to argue the point, and before you know it, a riot will break out. If we can get through a family meal without tear gas and SWAT teams, then surely we are making progress, yes?

http://neon.home.texas.net/images/UMdBallFlagWhBkgnd.png" border=0>

Joanie

Ace and Neon,

Absolutely "YES".

Sorry about being neglectful but Earthlink has been upgrading their servers according to the techs anyway, and I can't get connected half the day or night. I am disgusted with DSL and did much better with my regular ISP. I am paying 50.00 a month for something I can't use and that does not make any sense to me.

According to their Newsletter Earthlink has opened up in Texas and I don't understand how they can be successful their when they can't take care of business here.

I would not recommend Earthlink  DSL to anybody at this time in Texas or any where else.

Joanie

Neon

Joanie, hey don't worrry - I don't think you're neglectful. Heck, you answered YES already, and I don't even know what the question was yet. That's not bad service at all. Unless you're referring to my no-tear-gas-at-the-dinner-table-semi-rhetorical question in the last poast. Then I do know what you mean. meant. mint.

Speaking of bad service, sorry to hear about your current DSL dilemma. Did you try bribing the tech with a pizza? Sometimes that works for me.

Believe it or not, Verizon called me about 3 weeks ago to see if I wanted DSL. This was 6 months after I called to order it, and they told me it was not available here. That was after the salesdude told me that DSL was definately available here, and people were already using it. I'm confused and sticking with cable for now.

Shhhhh. Be vweree vweree quiet. Ace is hunting legoomes.

Joanie

Hey Neon

Yipee!! I am back online but for how long who knows. Can't remember the question myself so it must not have been too important.

Did I ever tell you about the two incidents I had with Verizon. On two occasions I did fill out an online application for DSL. Once they were offering a free modem and a free video camera. They were supposed to send me an agreement form via my e-mail with-in the week and it never arrived. I waited around three months for my package of goodies and it never arrived. Then I get another call to see if I was interested in Verizon DSL and I told them my sad story and was asked if I wanted to sign up again and I said yes. Three months go by again and I never heard a word from them. Then I heard from Eartlink and I jumped on board and that only took two months or more but the free modem did arrive within ten days, I just could not use it because the phone lines had to be conditioned and that took at least another month.

I have had DSL for around three months now and I am still unable to use it half the time.  It is great when it works as it should but that does not happen often enough. The tech told me they should be through upgrading the server in about a week but then he wasn't sure  that was the problem.

Next time I will check to see if the tech likes pizza, that might do the trick.

Joanie

Ace

Well, geez louise, of course I answer my own poasts. Why not?

Criminy, by the time I get back to see you posed a question you've already gone and answered it and taken the dang topic off somewheres else into a broadpants debate or Deluxe-Super Large internet connection that isn't.  You know, dialing up takes awhile, so maybe it'd just be the polite thing to do to wait a couple days for me to figure out what's going on and find the right room, let alone poast.

dangit, I was gonna guess ham and mushroom, too

Man, Neon, pretty convenient to find yourself a graduate of both, huh. I'm going to a wedding this weekend; maybe I'll say "Oh, I'm with the families of both the bride and groom.  I shall sit in the center aisle."

Bad enough I'm a grad of Purdue and IU.  Just to keep my sanity I dismiss the IU side. Banish it right outta the house. Who needs that sort of trouble.

I do like that "Super Ball" entitlement. I like the sound of that. When I get a chance I'll go over and steal the new gif thingy; thanks.

You all can plead for peace after ballgames and neutrality on vegetables, but I'll tell ya, when the food fights break out you better take a side. I'm going with the vegetables, not the fruits. And as a carnivore, I take it personally when somebody says a legume tastes like chicken. Shoot, you might as well just stick with fish because they don't have feelings.  Or fish sticks. Usually when you try to warm it back up in a pan.

I still got just the normal Earthlink earthlink. It works; I suppose that's a good as it gets.  I wish I could afford one of those high-speed expensive linkages that doesn't, or a new computer that can't tell its OS from a USB hole in the ground, but I'm stuck with this pitiful pooling of parts that work. Dangit.

ace; he wants what you have.

http://www.poasters.com/images/jester_ducksm.jpeg" border=0>

Ring bells for service.

pat

I went out for a pizza the other day and ended up getting the Caesar Salad Pizza. Just the right amount of anchovies. Reminded me of a Taco Pizza I had once long ago, well except they used Romaine instead of Iceberg.

Oh, and for that tomato thing;

Botanically speaking, the tomato you eat is a fruit. So is a watermelon, green pepper, eggplant, cucumber, and squash. A "fruit" is any fleshy material covering a seed or seeds.

Horticulturally speaking, the tomato is a vegetable plant. The plant is an annual and nonwoody. Most fruits, from a horticulture perspective, are grown on a woody plant (apples, cherries, raspberries, oranges) with the exception of strawberries.

In 1893, the United States Supreme Court ruled the tomato was a "vegetable" and therefore subject to import taxes. The suit was brought by a consortium of growers who wanted it declared a vegetable to protect U.S. crop development and prices. Fruits, at that time, were not subjected to import taxes and foreign countries could flood the market with lower priced produce. (A hundred years really hasn't changed anything.)

1993-dr

Copyright 1995 by the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

CALL TO ARMS! CALL TWO ARMS! No, not the drummer from Def Leppard but the rest of you GET IN HERE! THE POAST THAT CAN NOT DIE NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!

Joanie and Carol are at it again!

We gotta resuscitate this thing rescusitate shoot breathe life back in this thing they're catching up...

Man, I know Pat nearly killed it by repeating what I'd already said about tomatoes being street legal and all by throwing in that dull quote from some old world book online or something, although I didn't know about the fruit/veggie tax embargo, but honestly, after I say "botanist" I pretty much tuned out anyway...

So quick! Somebody say something about Pizza!  Or remind the IU fans they didn't win the title!  Or congratulate the U of I fans for stepping up for vegetables everywhere!  

Ok! Somebody go find Scuzzy! What the heck does he get, a two month vacation or a sabbatical? Grab Bear off his tractor from his farm! Get Pat off the beach in Michigan! Tell Neon to quit making up new art work and get in here! And puhleeze, somebody grab Joanie outta the shark infested waters of her fishing hole out west and get this thing going again! C'mon!

Are you with me?!

Well, that probably wasn't the best thing to say..  huh.

Ok; here goes; I'll take the lead: I had a Pizza last night! It was a fairly thin crust! Sausage, Ham, Pepperoni! Delivered! It was good!  There.

Alright. Now one of you take it. I'm worn out.  Cheese brulee.

Ace; when the box is opened, he steps up to the plate.

http://neon.home.texas.net/images/UMdBallFlagWhBkgnd.png" border=0>

Ring bells for service.

Joanie

OK OK!! I think I dried off enough to sit at the keyboard for a minute or so.

Funny you should mention pizza again since that is what dinner was all about last night. It was plain pepperoni and cheese that I took out of the freezer, does that count? And to make this even more interesting I had a slice for breakfast.

I wonder what pizza with a shark topping would taste like. We better let Carol play around with that one since she has access to the ocean and all I have to play in is my dogs bowl of water.

Joanie

Neon

Okiey dokey - I wonder if they say that in Oklahoma. Last week, I rented one of everyone's favorite box on wheels, delivered hot and fast - that's right, a Dodge Neon.

The girl at the rental counter seemed pretty saucy. However, let me share another slice of the driving experience: from the doughy steering response, to the cheesy quality of the upholstery and paint, to the oil thrown on the windshield from the speeding delivery trucks as they passed me, the car itself was no jalepeno. The quality of this ride makes it no suprise they say that like sausages, the making of a Neon is better unseen. Anyway, all of this got me thinking about making another pizza.

As I dialed the radio to a pleasing Hertz frequency, it occurred that pizza is a Thrifty meal for the Budget and Dollar conscious, and I know if We Try Harder, it can be the #1 food Enterprise in our collective National palette.

Ace

And mine was a Plymouth, which is, regrettably, even worse.

The Neon (no, not him) is the Anchovy of the sea of motor vehicles. Mine was sold by a slimy dealership, it stunk, and no amount of oil would keep it from squeaking.  The brakes squealed, the chassis squeaked, it was an abysmal little car.

If it were in a lake, it would be a Crappie.

How much do they pay you to take one of those, instead of a real car?

I shall add nothing to this chain about pizzas per se, today. There is more to life than basketball, and pizza, and farm machinery.  There is also the pursuit of the Wild Turkey and other distilled spirits after I shake this lousy cough and get healthy. Not now, though; it'd make me gag.  I'm glad to see life is breathed (Berke) back into this chain, to keep the lead over the "Hey girlfriend" chain and keep America free. Well, at least relatively inexpensive. Even if Neon had to mention Neons. At least is wasn't something about Pandas. Nobody needs that.

ace; I'm going to watch the rest of the Yngwie concert DVD I got downstairs. I'll tell ya, the Pillsbury Doughboy isn't dead... shouldn't keep wearing the leather tights, though, that's for sure.. talk about Heavy Metal.

http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/cool_duck_1.gif" border=0>

Ring bells for service.

ThePizzaman

Everything but the smelly fish...naturaly

Where does it all end?
Where does it all end?

Neon

Well, I finally did it. Before, I said it was wrong. I never thought it would come to this. It was risky. I was unsure. It seemed a tad strange. The sensation was- well, indescribable at first.

Yes that's right, I finally ordered a PIZZA with POULTRY! (Insert ominous musical note here). What may be even more incredible, or perhaps one of the first hundred signs that I am going mad, is that I actually liked it. (Insert several ominous musical notes here).

The specifics: Schlotzsky?s Deli has a smoked turkey and jalapeno pizza offering, so I tried it. It is really good, although it is really more like an open-face sandwich than it is a pizza. For example, there is no tomato sauce, they use sliced tomato. Also, the "crust" is merely their regular sandwich bun, toasted. So it's sort of a hybrid sandwich pizza.

Hey Ace, it must be CrappieThon time pretty soon. Are you participating this year? Maybe you'll catch a few anchovies as a bonus?

Where does it all end? Right back at the beginning again. It has happened before, it will happen again. Time is a cycle. Everyone knows that.

Ace

We had a Schlotsky's deli but it closed. Never did go there. I actually like the frozen chicken DiGiorno pizzas. Well, the whole thing's frozen, not just the chicken.

Sounds like you did something you knew was wrong. That would be due to my influence on those with naughty weaknesses or some such. Making you eat chicken and who knows what else. Probably make you say "whole" when you mean "hole".  Other stuff, too.  

If time is a cycle, and there's night and day, then it'd be a bi-cycle.

Ace; how come Pizzaman hasn't been in here?  Criminy, you'd think it was obvious. Must be because it's the poast that will not end.

http://files.triton.net/pattrucks/poasters/cool_duck_1.gif" border=0>

Ring bells for service.