• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Eternal Pizza Poast

Started by Karen, March 11, 2002, 14:10 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Having run out of anchovies, I was at a loss as to what to top my pizza with tonight.
While rummaging around in the freezer I found a box of fish sticks. I figured, ?Hey what are anchovies?? Fish, so heck, fish is fish is fish. Right?
So I topped my Jacks Naturally Rising Pizza with fish sticks, but instead of extra marinara I used some cocktail sauce with plenty of extra cheese. The results were quite delightful. The best part was not only do I have a new way to enjoy a slice, but I also found out how Fish Stick Marinara tastes.
How cool is that?
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Joanie

Hey Pat,

Guess it doesn't get much cooler than that if you like fish sticks.

Have you ever tried scrambled eggs and bacon on your pizza, even Bologna has a certain charm on pizza.

Joanie

iansl

Pepperoni and cheese or vegetarian can't be beat for a good pizza, but I'm wondering if this topic has taken a completely different turn/
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

dcsun

Yep, the immortal Pizza Poast has taken some twists and turns for sure!

Joanie

Has Neon ever tried to make a twisted pizza? It would be different but suitable for some of us. hee

We have a Jester who is a good twister and I don't mean that dance they use to do in the old days.

Joanie

iansl

Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

Neon

Joanie, are you referring to the game with the colored dots on the floor? In my experience, that Twister does not combine with pizza particularly well, but maybe Ace has some kind of special technique...

Last night, I tried the new Papa's CinnaPie. It is a pizza pie crust baked with cinnamon topping and some sugar glaze. It is quite tasty, not too sweet, and Ah does like cinnaminnaminnamon.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

I only tried Twister once with pizzas, when we couldn't find the playing vinyl sheet.  It was a goshawful mess, and it made it even harder to stay in your position when you're sliding on a pepperoni.  

I don't think I can make my computer do a cartwheel, unless I somehow knock the thing off when I'm sweeping the den.  I could make a pizza do a pinwheel, but that's gotta result in toppings strewn about as bad as the Twister episode.  I don't much care to play with food, unless it's someone else's.

Ace; cinnamon would be good on anchovies, I'm sure.  This thing is immortal; no one ever accused it of having good taste.
Ring bells for service.

Joanie

Yo Neon,

The Twist dance is what I was referring to not the dot  floor game, although the dot game sounds like fun. Is that the floor game where you get all twisted up trying to follow directions? I played that once many years ago, it was riot.

The cinna pie does not sound familiar but it does sound delicious, especially to a diabetic. hee.

Papa's is right down the street from me and the drivers have a terrible time trying to find my house. It usually takes them at least an hour to get here and they are one minute away.

I liked Neons Poaster Pizza better than anybody's.

Joanie

iansl

Ace

Well, that's a topping never tried on a pizza to my recollection.  "groans"
Unless it was supposed to be groins; I've never actually heard of that, either, on a pizza although we came close in the twister activity.

Maybe pizza delivery places need global posititioning devices, based on my trouble with Marco's and JRah's with Papa J.  Or maybe they're far sighted and can't see a residence down the street.

Giving sweets to the diabetic is right up there with scaring the (#@! out of impressionable youth, like what happened with that evil Halloween screen trick.  Sometimes, this place can be dangerous to the health of its readers; at least mental.

Maybe we need a disclaimer, with the History of the Poast typo thing, like "The Management recognizes no obligation nor culpability to any visitors whom damage themselves herein whilst reading poasts and their kin" or something like that.  Doesn't apply to The Regulars, who know what they're in for.  For which they're in.  Dang, I hate English sometimes.  Not "The English", but just the language portion.  Hard to spell, too, although easy to mispell.  Misspel. Misspell.  Miss Pell.  Missalette.  

That sounds like a little missile.  Heh.  That'd be something to take to church.  There've been times I wish I had.

So what were we talking about before the conversation turned to groins?  That must've been from Bubba, based on the anatomy.  Oh, yeah, pizza.  Man, this thing is eternal, and immortal.  Goes on longer than Keith's birthday.  Or Bubba's commas.  Or times between when Travis poasts.  We made our own Bobboli Boboli Babolet I don't know the store-bought crust pizzas the other week. Came out nicely.  Normal ingredients, none of this weird stuff.

Ok; more pizza news to come.  And, please, keep the slimy little stinky fishes out of it, ok? Okay? OK?  Criminy. ??? Huh, that one looks like there are questionable fumes coming off my head.  That's not far off the mark.
Ring bells for service.

poast78

It's almost been six whole months since Neon introduced the first poasters pizza.  Will someone step up to the paper plate and make another?
Don't eat that.

Ace

Look, in accordance with prophecy and not just because I'm the janitor... but pizza on a paper plate is a goshawful mess.  Even if you double them, or get one of those heavy duty jobbies, it's a gloppy goofest.

Ok; carry on.  Glad I could contribute today, and make everybody's life that much fuller.  

Ace; the really cheap wash their paper goods and re-use them.
Ring bells for service.

Neon

well it is Super Bowl Sunday, and I think we all know what that means. Yes, it is time to place pizza orders. The ordering decisions can be difficult - how many pizzas to order, which toppings are in vogue this year, etc.

First, keep in mind that you don't want to run out of pizza, so plan on 1 person per pizza. If you have a high proportion of thin people, then you can adjust that by ordering veggie toppings. Artichoke always adds a touch of class; mushroom, onion, olives, and peppers remain ever-popular. Go light on the broccoli, unless someone really likes that.  

The meats: get some of everything - ham, sausage, italian sausage, polish sausage, hungarian sausage, bacon, canadian bacon, romanian bacon, linguisa, cappicolo, pepperoni, hamburger, scrapple, kebab, anchovies, duck, BBQ chicken, smokin turkey. Tofu, tuna, miso, squid, are not recommended unless you have that sort of crowd.

Long story short - know what your guests like to eat, then put that on pizza. If your local shop can't make it for you, head to the grocery, gather the ingredients, and make it yourself. Don't be afraid to add a little design flair. Although I cringe to think what a Raider pizza would look like, a little creativity may garner more attention than the latest adverts. And it won't cost as much to produce.

If there are leftovers, then you can send it with them, or just keep the cold slices for future breakfasts. I hope this guide proves useful, and expedites your super bowl plans today. Additions and corrections are welcome.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

iansl

Hey! You stole my pic, Ace!  >:( ;D ;)

Ace

No, I didn't "stle" your pic.  First, only JRah and Scuzzy use the term "pic" for "photo."  Secondly, it may have been stealed but not "stle."

Perhaps I should do a lesson on acronyms and abbreviations.  I mean "abbr."

It can save time, and pixels.  For instance, you could say "Hey, Pat, why dnt yu kp yr dng stnkg snw up thr stpd lk efct crp snw dngt" instead of the full version.  Or "Bba, yu dmb ilnsian rdnk lin kng whnabe qt stlng th dng het nd lt sm gt to th Indians hr, wya?!"

We made our own pizzas; one sausage/pepperoni, one ham/ground beef/onion . Came out fine, but criminy the heartburn.  What a great way to start a Monday...  Tm fr anther stpd cpful of Ppto Bsml, gz Loise.

Ace; kp it shrt, dngt.  No not "shirt"... criminy.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Okay. Okay. Stole. I don't like it when popeye shows up where i'm not there and makes me think that that's my poast. What am supposed to call them?

Ace

What am call what?  I haven't done shorthand since high school, so I'm having a hard time figuring every other word.  

Hey; that could be another time and space saving communication tool...  like:

Pat, know should leaving Indians since might up stop lakefront next.   Or;
Neon, expatriate how Bobby doing Texas now he's wearing?

Or, maybe not.  I mean: Or not.

I'll lay off Popeye, until I can make more jokes about spinach or olive oil.  Then I may borrow him, again.

Ace; oh, almost forgot this is the eternal pizza poast and I almost forgot to even mention anything about pizza... how rude.  Hmmm.  Uh.  Ok; we ate the leftovers this week.  They were ok.
Ring bells for service.

pat

So it?s Lobsterfest at Red Lobster again. This year they have a Lobster Pizza, I just had to try it.
Quote from site:
Pizza with flair - a crisp, delicate California-style thin-crust pizza topped with lobster meat, cheese, fresh tomato & sweet basil.

It?s pretty good, not as tangy as Anchovies or as sweet as Crawdads, but definitely worth a try.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Neon

It had to happen -
Man orders pizza, man gets drunk, finds an axe, and...

Axeman Attacks Chef Over Pizza

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Unhappy with his pizza and not content with a refund, a man in Germany has gone after the chef with an axe.

Frankfurt police said the 57-year-old man was restrained by customers after he drew the axe from his coat and started swinging it at the cook.

"Apparently, the pizza didn\\\'t agree with him," said police spokesman Manfred Feist. "He wasn\\\'t a regular customer."

The drunken man, who had been offered a refund or a fresh pizza after complaining his first one was revolting, was ejected from the restaurant after shouting abuse.

He later returned to continue his tirade and then produced the axe and attempted to strike the chef but patrons managed to wrestle him to the ground. He was arrested by police.

44mayg

OK, pizza seems to be the topic. Kinda like a topical antibacterial. And toppings are all the rage with pizza's. How many toppings or how many can we eat in a day. Just a little info:

September 2002, FranchiseHelp completed its 3rd annual survey of top market
share franchised companies operating in the Pizza Industry. Comprising one
of the largest sectors in the food franchise industry today, pizza has
become one of America’s most important and popular foods, as illustrated by
the following industry statistics:

Pizza restaurant growth continues to outpace overall restaurant growth.  

Italian food ranks as the most popular ethnic food in America.  

94% of America’s population eats pizza.  

According to an American Dairy Association random sampling survey, pizza is
America's fourth most craved food, behind cheese, chocolate and ice cream.  

Statistics show that Americans consume over 100 acres of pizza a DAY, about
350 slices per second1.

Approximately 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year.

Pizza is now a $32 billion per year industry.  

According to Food Industry News, pizza accounts for more than 10% of all
food service sales, as each man, woman and child in America eats an average
of 46 slices (23 pounds) of pizza a year.  

93% of all Americans eat at least one pizza a month.

37% of kids say pizza is their favorite food.  

34% of the time kids choose the restaurant their families eat at; and kids
are consulted in this decision 91% of the time.

According to a Gallop Poll, children between the ages of 3 and 11 prefer
PIZZA over ALL other food groups for lunch and dinner.  

A study done by a US Department of Agriculture statistician and home
economist found that in a three-day survey period, 42% of children between
the ages of 6 and 11 has eaten pizza.

Today there are approximately 61,269 pizzerias in the United States11. These
pizzerias represent 17% of all restaurants.

Neon

Today at work we had a special birthday celebration that included pizza for lunch.

Today we added a novelty to the pantheon of pizza excellence... Zucchini on pizza!

Today was a new zenith in the pizza arts. According to our brave correspondant, "The white flesh of the zucchini added to the razzle dazzling effect of the pizza's zesty appearance." Well appearance is all fine, but did it taste good? Straight from the chompers of the chomper: "My exuberance at the possibility of a zucchinized pizza was rapidly dashed  by a mush of doughy crust saturated with an ill-prepared tomato sauce.  The overall efect was that of marinara spongecake with zucchini inclusions.  This may appeal to the appetites of some tofu-loving vegetarians, but I for one was frazzled by the combination.  I have hope that with an appropriately herbified sauce and crispier toastier crust, zucchini could prove an awesomely skookum pizza topping."

Ace

Geez Louise Criminy!!?!  What is this thing, some kinda eternal pizza poast thing?!,  .

This thing goes on longer than dude's birthday, which at last count he figured was "Any day that ends in 'Y'"

Not to be confused with the eternal pizza; that ones stuck under one of the couch cushions at my sister-in-law's.

I'm sorry, but zucchini is like the ultimate tasteless non-food vegetable filler.  If tofu was made out of plants, it'd be made outta Zucchini.  That stuff is the "spackle" of food groups.  It's a starch, that you could probably rub on your shirt before ironing it.  It'd probably make a good insulation.  I don't think it goes bad... I mean, how can you tell?  It's like "Oh, this mattress liner went bad.  See?"

Ace; meat.  Meat is what goes on pizza.  Lotsa meat.  And cheese.  dangit.
Ring bells for service.

Neon

It twue, it's really twue!
It's the announcement most of us have dreamed of -- you must consume copious slices of pizza to keep cancer at bay. Researchers make this claim in a new study of some 8,000 Italians that found folks who regularly chow down on pizza appear to have a decreased risk of several types of gastrointestinal cancers -- particularly of the colon and esophagus, as well as the throat and mouth.

44mayg

Careful  not to jump to any conclusions Neon. What I mean is, pizza in America has been, if you want to call it, 'Americanized' like many other foreign recipes we eat.

Being an information freak, the History, Science and Discovery channels are  my favorites. In a program on American culture and foods a few months ago, they talked about how we've taken traditional favorite foods around the world and changed them to fit our American tastes. The program stated that American pizza differs greatly from original Italian pizza.

So as not to be long winded, the bottom line was that Americans would find traditional Italian pizza not to be up to what we expect from pizza. I guess they are more basic without all the toppings and goodies we've come to expect on our pizza's.

I love pizza, but I'm not sure I would like traditional Italian pizza from the way they were described in the program. I don't remember all the details, but do remember they would be quite bland in flavor compared to American style pizza.

I was all gung ho and ready to move to Italy till I saw that program, but decided to stay here cuz I would miss American pizza's :-)

Neon

You make a good point. Indeed, the article mentions that the cancer statistics may be more closely related to the overall Mediterranean diet, or the fact that Europeans generally get more exercise than Americans, or any of thousands of other variables.

Still, I think I would like Italian-style pizza. I prefer simple to deep dish Chicago style 18 topping gutbusters.

I may enquire of my health insurance whether they will cover importation of Italian health pizza, as a oncological prophylactic.

44mayg

Uhhhggggggg!!! I wouldn't want any  prophylactics on my oncology.

Think I'll stick with pepperoni and cheese. Lotsa cheese.

And Canadian bacon. (Does it really come from Canada?)

And pineapple.

And green peppers

Onions

Olives

More cheese.

Neon

I went to Olive Garden last week for a little lunchtime celebration. And what better to celebrate with than a custom made pizza?

Yes, Roma tomatos, mushroom, pepperoni, and artichoke hearts. The Olive Garden did a nice job, presenting a personal-sized pizza on a little slicing board. The crust was fairly crisp, the tomato sauce a bit bland for my tastes, but heh I'm a Texan who eats Tabasco and jalapenos with everything.

Anyway, the meal went well with the family style insalata, and was topped off with Illy Caff? Espresso. I may have to go back and try it again sometime soon.

iansl

Someone must print this (not me) and put it in a bookstore. Sell it to Barnes & Noble. Pizza. That could be the subject. O at least it should be...oh I'm the admin and I don't see any way to port it over to my site at http://iansl.ikonboard.com. I guess you guys just have to go through my site (http://www.freewebs.com/iansl to my forum and redo the whole thing. Oh well. Or you could chat it out in one sitting. 8D.

Ace

I didn't steal any dang thing dangit from the dang web
hold it.  This isn't that poast, is it...

Ok; a three legged dog runs into a corn field, albeit not very fast
no. Shoot, it's not the bad joke symposium, either.  What is this thing?
What's the title..
"Re:"

Re.  Re... do?  Re....wire?  Re....lease?  Re.....sofa?   Rah Rah Re...?  

Huh.

Oh; hold it.  Ok, I see.  The interminable Pizza Poast.  I got lost in the statistical allusions and ethnic references.

Does anyone go to Olive Garden and get olives?  Or just the all you can stuff in yourself salad and breadsticks, so as not to have to fork over more for the actual meal.  Here, folks usually get a long wait, when they go to Olive Garden.  I do concur that a personal pie at an Italian restaurant is typically a worthwhile repast.  Repaste.  Well, if the sauce is sticky..

And peppers; sure, load them on.  You only live once.  Although there's times I think they exit as hot as they enter.  Yow.  

Ace; I'm usually on the hotseat anyway.
Ring bells for service.