• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Where is the Jester...

Started by Bill, April 08, 2006, 21:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

in our time of need?

Generally when poasting is slow the good man shows up with a news release or an Easter parody, or something that lifts everyones' spirits. Maybe he's visiting Lazarus?  Crawled into a cave?  Fasting in the vast deserts of Magical Michiana?

Don't disappear now as half the world is about to go into a solomn period.   Reality is hard enough.

Bill

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Mark H

Ace is probably spending his time trying to show Scuzzy that he is not as bad as Scuzzy thinks.  ;) This is happening as Pat rolls his eyes at Ace's actions.  ;D

Now that I am back to the forum from my busy schedule, I am starting to put together prom stuff for my wife who is prom sponser at the school.  :)

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Bill

MarkH,

What is the connection between being "back to the forum" and "prom stuff?"

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

And the price of potatoes.

That's as close as we've come to a joke, for about a month.

Ace; ask not where the Jester goes; ask where everyone else went.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

Quote from: Bill on April 09, 2006, 08:08 hrs
MarkH,

What is the connection between being "back to the forum" and "prom stuff?"

Bill

It was late when I poasted that. The connection is that even though I am putting together a bunch or prom projects for my wife, I am still not too busy (anymore) to stop by Poaster's regularly.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

Hmm, I don?t recall rolling my eyes at Ace?s actions or inactions for that matter.

Potatoes have eyes. I usually poke them in the eye before I put them in the oven.

I must have missed the joke and the punch line; proms have punch lines. Just don?t spike the punch.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Is he back yet?
No?

Good.  Probably walked out again, since it's Holy Week.  

Anonymous
Ring bells for service.

pat

Ask not for whom the bells toll.

It honks for thee,
Jester B.

Got to love this time change..................
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

No kidding.  It's like it takes all day to get to night, now.  That is just weird.  I'm liking it, though.  Except when it hits July and it'll be Magical Mystical Michiana, the Land of the Midnight Sun.

Ace; it's gonna be July 5th before they'll be able to shoot off fireworks....
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Maybe those in the Magical Land should skip the fireworks.  Wouldn't want to jar the earth's crust.

Bill

Ace

"The Earth's Crust: Thin, and Crispy."

I usually just watch the local ones, through the trees in the backyard.  I hate sitting in a crowd, anyway, and it can be tough finding a good sight line for a pyrotechnics show.  Greenland better be dang careful, in case they should start a wildfire that'd burn the ice.

Ace; I'm glad I don't have to stay up late when it gets light, sewing prom dresses.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Thinking of ?Thin and Crispy? makes me think of food and food makes me think of Pizza. Aaaaannd thinking about pizza makes me think about Chicago?s Home Run Inn Pizza .

I?m not kidding; this is the best frozen pizza I?ve ever had. They have it  for sale at Miejer?s in Michigan City, but not South Bend.

Bill

Geez, here we go, another food poast.  
Speaking of "thin and crispy," that's the way we order our pizza, at least in NJ.  Do they even make pizza in South Carolina?  Bet not the way Bada Bing does it!.

Bill

pat

Bada Bing has a nice ring to it, sounds Sicilian.

Hey, you eata this pizza if youse nose whatsa good for you.

Ace

Well, yeah.. of course your nose knows what's good for you.  Geez, that's why garbage and bad eggs and that additive in natural gas and pandas stink; so you'll know they're not good for you.  

I do like deep dish Chicago style and/or Sicilian ones, but they've pretty much disappeared.  Back in the day, Noble Romans and Pizza Keg had the big thick square ones.  I do like thin crust, though.  And it's lighter, so you can twice as much.  There's a Chicago Pizza in Indy that has seriously deep pies.

I gotta mention; there's that Seinfeld episode where Kramer wants to open the place where you make your own pie, and in the show he and Jerry both say "pizza pie" several times.  Now, seriously, I would never ever say "pizza pie."  I'd just say "pizza."  Maybe, pie.  But not both.  Criminy, that's as redundant as saying "Let's all go to T.G.I. Friday's for dinner."  Just call the dang thing "Fridays" and save your breath.

The Mishawaka Brewery PUB (NOT the regular restaurant, further south) that's at the corner of Grape N. of Best Buy has one of the local greatest pizzas.  Plus, locally, Barnaby's is known to be unique in their construction.

Ace; I wish the jester were here, so he could have one.
Ring bells for service.