• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Computer Cable Cleanup

Started by impman6669, February 29, 2004, 00:46 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

impman6669

I've been building a lot of new systems recently for friends and such and i can usually get the cables pretty much out of the way but i was wondering if the was a guide to do it very professionally and cleanly so the inside looks clean and has good airflow.

Thanks in advance.
AMD 2500+Oced to 3200+,ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.0, 1024mb Corsair XMSpro PC3200.

pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Whizbang

You can also shop the local computer shops.  They seem to stock a type of IDE and floppy cable that is not sold on line.  I have mentioned this before.  The cables are folded standard ribbon cables that are then covered with a mesh nylon sheath to make them round.  That way, they keep their strength, are more flexible, and are more easily tied back with pull ties.  The shops also stock super-short floppy cables that really save space if your drive is in line with the floppy cable socket on mainboard.

Nestor

One thing I've done to avoid the 'spaghetti' effect with my power connections is to twist the cables, and to use a minimum of molex connections, and tuck the extraneous cables between the back panel and the case chassis.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM