• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Lost some links in Outlook Express

Started by ChrisL, December 11, 2003, 19:48 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisL

I may have posted this at an earlier time, but I'll post it again.

I've noticed that in Outlook Express' home page (if that's what it's called) -- the page that says 'Outlook Info,' the email section of the window has lost the links for the unread email messages, the 'create a new email message' and 'read mail' are gone -- the cursor used to turn into a hand when you placed it over the link, but now, nothing.  I have to open my inbox from the 'Folders List,' but it's kind of annoying not having the program work like it used to.  Can anyone tell me what's going on?

pat

Whoops, I accidentally deleted Marks message while trying to delete mine. I read the question wrong and realized my answer didn't apply.
Odd I have deleted messages in the middle of a thread before and not had the message below delete.
Sorry. :-[
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Mark H

Pat, I deleted my own message, because it wasn't a correct statement. We must have deleted them at the same time, LOL! ;)

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

No kidding, that's got to be a first.
Had me a bit confused. ???
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

pat

Ok then, back to the problem.
Open OE and click on views, select layout, select customize. See if your missing icons are in the left hand side if they are move them over to the right side in the order you want them to appear on your toolbar.

ChrisL

Pat:  I'm not talking about the toolbar -- I meant the 'Outlook Info' window that appears when you click on the outlook express icon in the right hand window that lists all the folders.  The links that were there to open mail or create a new mail without having to use the tool bar aren't there anymore.

pat

Try this once then. Under folders you will see folders for inbox, outbox, sent mail, etc. At the very top is a little letter with Outlook Express next to it. Click on that. That will bring up the "info" page that I think you are referring to.

If that is what you are referring to and you want OE to always start on that page, uncheck
?When Outlook Express starts, go directly to my Inbox? at the bottom of the page.

ChrisL

That isn't my problem.  My problem is on the 'outlook info' page itself.  There are three links -- create new mail, read mail and a link for unread mail -- it used to be that the cursor turned to a hand when it placed over them -- but it doesn't do that anymore.  I'd like to know what's going on and how I can fix it -- I don't want to configure the program to go directly to the inbox folder.