• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Printer Clogs

Started by Whizbang, September 04, 2007, 12:08 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I am learning never to give up on printer head problems until there is absolutely no hope.  My latest with my i860 is requiring much more soak time that I expected.  Soaking overnight still did not loosen the dried cyan ink.  I tried the print head only to find a faint and failing blue deposited on the test paper, even after directing hard streams of water at the jets with a hypo needle.  I decided to set the printhead in a shallow bowl of rubbing alcohol and noticed that the other jets were also releasing more dissolved ink.  Even after the soak, the blue is still drooling out of the jet.  I guess another day of waiting in order to get mama's NASCAR tidbits into print will have to be tolerated.

Whizbang

The sprayer I bought may be the best and cheapest printhead cleaner I have found.  I purchased it at Kmart for less than $6.00, and it shoots a fine hard stream of water.  Filled with warm water, it is much faster than trying to continually refill a hypo syringe and get enough pressure to dislodge the dry ink. 

scuzzy

Quote from: Whizbang on September 13, 2007, 21:01 hrs
This may be the best and cheapest printhead cleaner I have found.  I purchased it at Kmart for less than $6.00, and it shoots a fine hard stream of water.

Filled with warm water, it is much faster than trying to continually refill a hypo syringe and get enough pressure to dislodge the dry ink. 

Um, exactly what is it that you bought at K-Mart?
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Whizbang

I don't know what the problem is with the image because it is the same link that I have included on this poast, and it did work when I first poasted it.  I put this on Photobucket for the Fixyourownprinter.com forum.  For all I know, this link may disappear too.  I removed the image link from the other reference to prevent any more confusion that it has already created.

I really does the job by sending a small concentrated stream of water onto the printhead (removed from printer, of course  ::)  ).

scuzzy

Cool. Thanks for the tip.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor