• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

NewEgg Log Jammed

Started by Whizbang, November 26, 2007, 22:20 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I have tried to get to NewEgg today; but, apparently, cyber buying has the server overwhelmed.  When I do get in to the Vista page, I try linking to other areas and get BAD HOST NAME every time, and instantly.  The site format is completely different now, so it could also be a programming problem, I suppose.

Bill

Seems to be OK this morning.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

pat

Was at a crawl Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Worked fine for me last night. There was a discussion about this in their forums.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Whizbang

I finally got in at 12:00 midnight to get my daughter a new Hanns-G  LCD monitor.  ZZzzz  (Good thing that I did make a feeble attempt to proofread this poast.  I originally put LSD monitor.) 

Ace

Alright, I've gotta admit the title on this one threw me, for awhile. 

I spent yesterday staring at it trying to figure out "what in the world is a NewEgg log, and why is it jammed...  In what??" 

I remember pecan logs, from those Stuckey's shops that used to dot the highways back before classy geodesic domed rest centers.  I figure an Egg Log must be like that, but more of an omelet type thing,,,?  Tubular Egg?  Like an egg roll, but bigger?  Scotch Egg?  Blech?  With Jam?  Or just jammed?  I hope it's not like a fruit cake, made with more eggs, even if they are fresh.

Plus, I figured if it was food, it probably could be combined with dinner or a dance and move down the hall into the rec room.  Once I realized it was the store, I was relieved, since none of the egg combinations sounded as good as what you can get at Le Peep or Perkins.  Someday, I oughta buy that second video card and go all SLI, but I hate to mess with something that's working well.  I gotta figure to stay out of New Egg, until things calm down.  Of course, if my monitor goes all LSD I could see doing something about that.

Ace; BAD HOST NAME
Ring bells for service.