• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Convert jpeg file to document?

Started by LugwidVanB, April 22, 2009, 12:48 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I went to Kinkos to scan in some documents and email them to my computer. I followed the directions of the person there. They came to my computer as jpeg files. Can I convert these to ordinary documents? Thanks

LugwidVanB

I did save the document to Word as an htm file so it has that extension. But can't bring it up as a document.

Bill

I think you cannot save image files as .doc.  I have tried a couple of times.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

LugwidVanB

Is there anyway I can print them? Just the doc part. I cliked 'print' on the email and the entire thing shows up including the heading which has the From To info. Can I just select the doc part and print that? Thanks

I've used scanners before and scanned in a document that comes up in the word processor. Why isn't that available now?

Mark H

Download CuteWriter and intsall it on your system. Open the Jpeg file and select print from the file menu. Select CuteWriter as your printer and then it will prompt you for a filename. This little program then creates a PDF instead of the print going to the printer. It is basically a PDF print driver, which is free.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

LugwidVanB

Thanks Mark. I dl it and used it. It still gives you the entire email with not just the message and you can't treat it like a document. I can't understand why years ago I scanned a document and inserted it into a word processor where you could make corrections etc just like an ordinary document.

Mark H

If you saved the image as a separate file from the email and then printed it from inside IE or MS Paint, you would get a PDF of only the image. If you want it in a Word document, just copy and past the jpeg into the Word document.

If I am misunderstanding what you want, please let me know.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.