• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Microsoft Messenger

Started by LugwidVanB, March 02, 2009, 12:16 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I want to send emails, photos back and forth between my Hotmail and cell phone. It appears I need first to set up Microsoft Messenger. There is no way I can figure it out from Microsoft's frustrating directions. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

In trying I get this: "In Windows Live Messenger on a PC, click your display name, and then click Options."

I can't get Windows Live Messenger anywhere in Hotmail.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mark H

LugwidVanB,

I deleted your duplicate poast from electronics since there is no need to post it twice. Most cell phones link up with Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Messenger.  You can download MS messenger from here.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

LugwidVanB

Thanks Mark. Verson 7 worked! I sent a photo I just took to Hotmail and it came through beautyfully and I sent a message from Messenger to the phone and it went through too. I just got this little Sansung cell phone yesterday and I really like it so far. I've never had a cell phone but I'm moving to a new place that has high speed internet cable for $15 mo. so I won't need a wall phone anymore. The cell phones have apparently advanced to where they are little computers, which means I can get into something like this and spend hours trying to figure it out. This site often provides the answers for which I am extremely grateful.
Tom

Mark H

Glad to hear it worked. Broadband for $15 a month? I wish we had such deals here since mine costs around $60 a month.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.