• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Pet Quiz

Started by pat, February 07, 2008, 07:15 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

In your opinion the perfect pet is.

A dog.
A cat.
A dog that eats cats.
A goldfish in a bowl I can take with me.
A dog that attacks pandas but doesn't eat them.

pat

I'll take the goldfish any day, but these cats are a real hoot.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I wouldn't want to scare the water out of a goldfish by walking it around...  I'll take a dog; regular, good ol' dog.  I thought about choosing the cat-eating dog, but then i figured that would be the only way a dog would get a hairball, so I wouldn't want to wish that on my dog or have to clean up, after.

If the dog could kill pandas, then I'd be ok with that as a value-added feature.  But not eat them; that's one big stinking greasy smelly furball to choke down.  Same criteria, as far as the not-wishing/no cleanup please factor.

I don't know if cats can be a Hoot.  I guess Hoot is a hoot, but I'll try to view that in awhile.  Every time I get a "Hey, look at this cat video" I usually find it involves cats, and who wants to go there... 

Ace; I'd be a fan of cats, if I could get them to hang onto the blades...
Ring bells for service.

Bill

I selected 'Dogs that eat cats' only because 'Dogs that eat Rednecks' wasn't an option.  Fido has been acquiring a taste for "Southern BBQ."

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Shoot, now the panda-eating dog option is there but I already voted.  Dangit.  This is just like the primaries, where the Indiana dang vote is gonna be too late to even count for anything.  Or Michigan, where it was too early. 

Make sure Fido doesn't swallow them.

Ace; this is so many shades of wrong.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

Darn it. I thought this was a pop quiz.

Dogs that eat cats are fine by me, as well as cats that eat dogs. Even dogs that eat dogs are acceptable.

Scuzzy; I'd like to pop Ace a few times.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

pat

In this poll you can change your vote.  Only one will count at a time.

I saw on the TV the other day that if the Dem primaries go down to the wire, with no clear winner, we in Michigan and those in Florida may get to vote again and have it count, I doubt that will happen though.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Bill

'Round my neck o' the woods, people get to vote again, and again, and  until they run out of dollar bills.

Bill; broke now.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Thanks, Pat.  I revoted.  I thought about revolting, too, but figured to take it one step at a time.  I don't know if I'd want to get thrown into voting with Florida, with their history of malfeasance.

You know, voting on a Saturday really does make sense, as far as availability of folks to do it, instead of a weekday workday.  Although when I worked for the state I got election day off; that was pretty sweet for 5 minutes of "work."  Shoot, they oughta just do it like this poll, where you can just click your answer from your computer and be done with it.

Of course, with my computing skills I'd probably click and get an "unknown device" pop up and try to switch my candidate's BIO and have to vote in SafeMode and just pick a Green party candidate, or something.

Or see a choice for "Barack Osama Obama BinLaden" and say "Yeah, that's the guy I was thinking of."

Ace; another option would be for the candidates to appear in Call of Duty...
Ring bells for service.