• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond

Started by Ace, June 24, 2003, 21:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Ohio.  

Criminy.  If I wanted to drive horizontally for 5 hours I woulda gone through Texas...

Otherwise:
2. Stupid thing was the world stopped, just south of Toledo.  3 lanes, converging into 1.  The left was the first to go... so everybody shoots into it, as it's moving faster.  And guess what..?! They cut into the center one, of which we were in.  So; after half an hour/half a mile, the same thing happens.  The left (middle) lane will end.  Same thing; those in the left merge into (literally) cars in the right lane.  So as to move in front of those who a. can read b. do the right thing  c. play fair.  
It makes me think a rocket launcher would be a nice add-on.

3. I missed the comedy competition tonite.  I would rather watch an amateur comedian than a singer.  They seem to be more capable, and consistent.

4. I cannot stand the "child star competitions"...  Pint sized song belters, and Jon Benet wannabe's.  Ech.

5. The Bulls will be looking for a guard.  Impaling yourself while on a motor bike can be a short end to an athletic career.  It won't affect them, as they still stink.

6.  Last year's model is this year's anorexic.  Just got the skinny on Wimbledon..

7. The war is over. Please disregard this week's casualties.  Can you spell "police action"...?

9. There are immense areas of wilderness and woods, both in Ohio and Pennsylvania.  I think we could drop in the whole Palestinian state, and nobody would notice.

10. I still think doing that in Utah would be the best thing.

11. dude is ok. All's well with the world.

12. Bubba still hates winter.  Could somebody send this guy a calendar...

13. All good polls end at "10".

14. We wound up at the Holiday Inn in Beaver Falls, with a Jimmy Buffett-clone band and a dinner that had a cowboy and a dwarf going into the main party... Yes, I'm serious.  

15. The only beavers we saw were trying to cross the turnpike.  Could've used the Possums, as nature's crossing guards.

16. The Taurus stayed aerodynamic, but did not become airborne.

17. Part of the populace of Benton Harbor Michigan feels that police should not (never) pursue criminals, since that could cause bodily harm and social unrest.  Which would suggest that said criminal, upon being approached, could simply drive away unimpeded from the scene of the crime.  Yeah; that'd work.

18. "Crime Stoppers" in Benton Harbor, MI, will soon have stories such as "on this crime, the suspects drove away"  "Here, the suspects drove away"  "On this one, suspects were seen driving away" "The 3 suspects were seen driving, away"  "Police suspect the suspects drove away"  "The perpetrators were last seen driving away"  "Witnesses said the robbers drove away"  "Police chased the suspects to their car, which then drove away."

19. Besides the legal excuse "I was killed driving my motorcycle at 120 mph as police chased me, causing me to run into a building so it's their fault" I love this new one:  "I was too inebriated/drugged/messed up to be able to willingly/consciously perpetrate the crime, of my own free will, since I was too drunk/drugged/screwed up to be responsible."  Geez Louise.  So the plan is, get yourself so loaded up that you can't think straight and then you'll have an out for not thinking straight.  How convenient.

20. I'm starting to agree with Andy.  Or Randy.

Ace; I had to poast something, to get off the techie humor.  We used to have a Craig here, back when.  He laid a few bricks, and that was that.  I'll check out the link again later; last time it took too long and I bailed out.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

Well I never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music.

Actually, we spent a week in Spain last decade. '93 to be exact. More or less.

I'm sorry you got stuck in traffic. What a way to waste a vacation. Away. You may want to consider packing heat. And carry handcuffs. They come in handy.

Try Spain next time. We were in Loret de Mar.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Holy Toledo.  I don't think I'd have wanted heat; we had the air on the whole time.  We rolled the windows down occasionally, but learned not to when beside a truck.

The John Force trailer and the Frantic Fueler were worth a gander, though.

I don't know that I'd want handcuffs, either.  I could just see locking myself to the steering wheel, and my wife losing the key.  And we're not into that kinky stuff, where you might want to use them somewhere else...

Like on your elbow, or ear, or something like that.

Ace is not a Redneck Bozo anything either, dangit.  He is an Indian.  Maybe a Redskin, if I ever get back out into the sun.  Then it wouldn't be just my dang neck, dangit.  And, lest anyone pursue it, "no, I'm not a potato either" dangit.  Not that kind of redskin.  you doofus maroon.
Ring bells for service.

pat

How is it possible to travel gladly beyond somewhere you?ve never been?
Are you having an out-of the- body experience?
To Ohio?

Of all the places you?ve never been or the personas you?ve yet to become, Ohio seems somewhat out there. Somewhere.

Too bad about the Harbor. I?ve never been able to understand the wisdom of burning down your neighborhood in retaliation for perceived injustices.
Be awhile before I cross over that bridge again. I?ll just go down Langley.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Mostly out of mind.  

I think I'd probably enjoy leaving a place I haven't been, since I wouldn't recognize it and wouldn't know my way around.  So, sure, I'd gladly move on.  

Ohio is out there.  And once you're on it, it stays there.  I did cross that bridge when I came to it, couple years ago, when we went to St. Joe (it was around 100 degrees).  Wasn't sure of the way back, and that sure wasn't it.  We didn't get dragged out of our cars and beaten or anything, but sure as heck wound up going the opposite of what I had hoped.  Now I know Michigan better, especially I94, so when it says "Detroit" it means you're heading North, and not East.  

You'd think it'd be hard to burn a harbor, what with all the water.  

Ace; I'd like to walk the beach again.  Unless the alewives are up, or the E-Coli count.
Ring bells for service.

scuzzy

Noted and corrected.

"Ace is a Redskin Bozo"

Thanks.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

Ok, then.  Okay.

Apology accepted.  Appreciate it. Awfully big of you, to admit it...

Really.  Thanks.  I mean that.

alright, then.  Yes.

Ace; hey
Ring bells for service.

trav

Beware the EIDEs of March.  IDEs.  shoot

HAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHA!

11. dude is ok. All is well with the world

Right on Ace
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR