• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by QQQ, December 02, 2000, 00:29 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

QQQ

Even when Q was in business they didn't provide the cable.  But do not lose hope.

There is a great place online, Cablesnmor.com.  Not only do they have that cable (and every other cable you could want) they have great prices.

I have never had a problem with them either with the quality of their products or with the timliness of their deliveries.

ynmx

thanks alot...sent them an email...but now I am wondering if I am asking the wrong question...I am asking for a tv-out cable...with 7 pins...then changes into the rca jacks for the tv...???

QQQ

You are asking for the correct cable. It is the RCA Female to S-Video Male, part # V44600.  However, they have a message posted that they are looking for a new vendor due to defective cables they have received.  

If they do not currently have stock on this product, I have been informed that The Wiz also carries this cable, so you may want to try your local store.  If you go to the store it is a good idea to bring your laptop with you.

ynmx

looking at that cable, S-video end, it does not match the tv-out port that is on my notebook...the s-video has 4 pins whereas my notebook has 7 pin holes.  the video card manuf.,ati- Rage- mobility says that quantex supplied the cable (just on the notebooks) and that it is a proprietery cable.  I will also check out the other suggested supplier that you suggested in your posting,

thanks again...

ynmx

PS...the local stores here say to go check somewhere else...no one has it or knows where to get it, they all have the S-video cables too but no 7 pin cables....of course it does not help that I live in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

thanks,

scuzzy

I'm not familiar with the cable you are requesting, but QQQ recommended you try The Wiz. Their online address is: http://www.thewiz.com

Hopefully that will help you.

http://www.poasters.com/images/scuzzy.gif" border=0> (The real Scuzzy)
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

ynmx

thanks Scuzzy...still looking...sent the wiz an email...waiting to see what they say,..

ynmx

Looking for the tv out cable for my Q notebook...w1410, tried every source I could think of, usually they indicate that it is a proprietary cable only available from Q-tx.bankrupt.com.  Does anyone have any ideas on locating one of these cables?

Scarce as hens teeth.

saludos