• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Started by Chandler, January 06, 2004, 06:32 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Chandler

I was wondering if anyone has tried watching an entire series of 24 back-to-back in a single day?  I am seriously considering doing it after my exams are out of the way but am worried it might affect my sanity?  Of course, I'll have to insert 3x 5min advert breaks to make it add up to 24 hours (it only has 18 hours otherwise).

Of course, my sanity may already be gone given that I'm considering doing it. ;D

Mark H

I have never liked getting up super early. When I was in High School, I had a paper route and the Sunday papers were ready to deliver at 5:00 a.m., meaning I would have to get up at 3:30 a.m.

I opted to stay up all night and go to bed after the papers were delivered. I would watch the Star Wars Trilogy back-to-back. I have never watched 18 hours worth of movies back-to-back, although I do watch football on January 1st.

Sanity is overrated and is a relative thing? One has to have something to be compared to determine sanity. ;D ;D ;D

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Ace

First off, let me say that my old PC from a year and a half ago is still humming along quite nicely.  

I could compare my relatives to sanity, but I'm thinking they're going to pale in comparison.  If it was intelligence, it would definitely be a shut-out.  

I remember watching the "first episode" Star Wars that came out after the first three, with JarJar BlingBling or whatever that talking mule doofus was.  I swear those 2 1/2 hours took a week to get through.  My Brother In Law, who is relative, said he got the Indiana Jones trilogy, of which I told him I'd skip the second one altogether.  

24 would be a trip, although knowing how it all came out would make it probably seem longer...  You wonder what Keifer (i before e) Sutherland's normal week would be like, just based on the 2 days shown so far.   I have the entire Twin Peaks series taped, and thought of watching that in its entirety.  So far, I've thought of better things and haven't.  

It is time to watch two of the great Winter movies, though: Fargo and The 13th Warrior.  They just aren't right in the summer.

Ace; it is; it's working great.
Ring bells for service.