• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

"A" for Effort

Started by Whizbang, March 07, 2005, 17:53 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I must credit Xtreme Gear sales department for making an effort to find out what happened to the computer case I ordered for my daughter.  They sent it to the shipping department on Feb 28 and logged it in as a UPS pickup.  That is the last anyone has any knowledge of the package.  The sales lady spent about 20 minutes trying to find out where it was, tracing the known steps.  She even called UPS to see if it was just not scanned.  No one knows what happened, but the lady was very apologetic and promised to keep me informed on the status.  Then UPS called me and asked if the package possibly could have been delivered to a neighbor.  Of course not because it would have had to miss at least six more scans in order to do that.  I realize that the weird does happen, and I will give Xtreme Gear credit for trying.  Since efficiency is the essence of online purchasing, I would guess that this will be resolved successfully, if a bit belatedly.

Bill

Someone on the dock probably fell in love with the "red case" idea.  
Did Xtreme offer to send another?
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Whizbang

Quote from: Bill on March 07, 2005, 22:45 hrs
Someone opn the dock probably fell in love with the "red case" idea.  
Did Xtreme offer to send another?
Since they obviously never sent it to UPS, I would think that they would send the one that is either still sitting there awaiting shipping or send another while they are trying to figure out who got the first one to.  UPS never scanned the item.   ::)

Ace

I got the case; thanks.  Sorry I didn't say anything before, but I was having too much fun with it.  It's great; it's just what I wanted.  Thank you so much for sending it to me!

That's better than some free web mail something or other.

It's a great case; I'm not sure just where I'm going to put it.  I thought about using it for a stereo stand, but I don't know if everything will fit with enough room for wires sticking out.  And using it for a backpack or golf bag, or a tackle box.  Or a stair stepper...  

I did scan it... it was addressed to "Bob" but I figured they mispelled it and so it was now just waiting for a deserving owner.  I volunteered.

Ace; I might paint it something nicer.  Like "blond."
Ring bells for service.

Whizbang

OK, Ace.  Red is definitely not your color.  I would go with blandly beige.   :P

Ace

I'd think blandly blondly beige would be nice, except it's hard to say that 6 times fast.  

Maybe just stick with "putty" as the universal colour of boring.

Bouring.

Ace;  :-X
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Maybe you could use it as a Christmas tree stand, it's  the right color and you, no, your wife could stash the ornament boxes inside.

Bill; look for Ace's new book "101 uses for (boosted) computer cases

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Whizbang

Sorry, Ace, but after some detective work and some serious bypassing the lady at the front desk in the sales department at Xtreme Gear, I decided to go to the service department for help in finding where you stashed the case.  An email followed by a phone call revealed that you had removed the scan bar from the case so they could not send it to me.  They assured me that it was now on the way for delivery on the 14th of this month.  I hope that does not get your Bermudas in a bind.   :P

Ace

No, I'm good Whiz.  I realized that wasn't your red case I received, after all.  It was just my green trash dumpster outside, in the garage.  In the dark, it looked different.

I hit my shin on the picnic table that's stored in there, so in the dark that felt different.

Hope you get what you deserve on the 14th.  Because, you deserve it.  I bet they put those people at the front desk to do just that sort of thing.  They probably give them a personality test to make sure they match with INTX on the Myers-Briggs.

Ace; for an introverted xenophobe.

Ring bells for service.

Whizbang

OK, Ace, you would not want it.  The case arrived today, busted.  It appears to have been hit by a small meteor or kicked by a very big man who now has a very sore toe.  I would guess that Xtreme Gear is really losing their collective shirt on this deal.  The UPS shipment may have been paid for by UPS, but it was a 2 day shipment from California.  I embedded two pictures in the response email to Xtreme Gear to emphasize my point.  I will try to keep my cool on this one, but I did want to test out the mobo before the 30 day NewEgg return warranty runs out and I have to deal with MSI directly, taking a little more time that way.  Unless Xtreme Gear volunteers to pay for returning the case, I will have saved nothing by not getting the same case from NewEgg.

I keep breaking my own rule by purchasing cases on line, but this case is not available locally, and a trip to Frye's in Dallas defeats the purpose of trying to save money just in the gasoline cost to get there.   :-\

Bill

Whiz-

See my updated poast on newegg vs mwave

Bill