• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

copy spyblaster to cd?

Started by ahopeter, June 01, 2004, 19:57 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

is it possible to put adaware or spyware blaster onto cd?  the reason i ask is my g/f's computer has been having issues, including connecting to the net...so i was hoping to clean out the system.  thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

query

Yes.  Just write the installer files to a CD and use that to install them.

ahopeter

so, just use "save to" function right? thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Chandler

Are you using Windows XP?  In that case, open up My Computer and drag the download file into the My Computer window onto the CD-R/CD-RW drive.  You will then get a little popup notification next to the clock saying that files are ready to be written.  Follow it's instructions.

ahopeter

ahhh...perfect directions Chandler...thanks, that i know how to do! ;D

Carskick

That way works, but you could also just make a Data CD using Nero, Easy CD creator, or other burning software. Either way should work fine.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

ahopeter

yeah...but how would i get the info to a cd to download to begin with... im not aware of being able to download from the net directly to a burner.

query

Save the files to your hard drive, and then write them to a CD.

For that matter, keep a collection on a CD-RW - I have one with most of the spyware removal tools, antivirus updates, firewalls, and other utilities handy for the inevitable request for fix-ups on computers that usually cannot access a network as a result of spyware/virus/trojan activity.

ahopeter

ahopeter

Quote from: Chandler on June 02, 2004, 05:31 hrs
Are you using Windows XP?  In that case, open up My Computer and drag the download file into the My Computer window onto the CD-R/CD-RW drive.  You will then get a little popup notification next to the clock saying that files are ready to be written.  Follow it's instructions.

followed your directions Chandler...couldnt have been any easier...Thanks!!!! ;D ;D ;D